1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

just a head up on who might be cut from each team

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by charger1993, Feb 17, 2014.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,773
    2o12 it was questionable, he wasn't bad by any means but I don't think he deserved it ahead of Jason McCourty, Flowers, or Haden.

2013 was completely undeserved, the result of the popularity contest the Pro Bowl has become, his performance in that week 17 game would have single handedly cost the Jets the game (and knocked the Chargers out of the playoffs) if Milliner hadn't come up with 2 late picks to save the day.

That doesn't mean he couldn't return to 2012, 2010 form, but he's not a Pro Bowler, and he can't be matched up with smaller receivers or asked to....um...tackle people.

2. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    He will also be coming off another hip surgery, which will be his 2nd, and as a CB, you have to have fluid hips -- this might just turn him into being as stiff as a board.

He was quite terrible in 2013. 2012 he played well, he was left on an island similar to Revis (after he hit IR) and played very good.

EDIT: He actually doesn't NEED hip surgery, but the fact its a debate years removed from that hip surgery shows the wear and tear his body is taking.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  3. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,079
    And his performance from the 2012 to the 2013 season fell off a cliff...

4. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,079
    On the plus side, we can all laugh at the Raiders (seriously, thank God they're the Raiders because if it were any other team I'd feel terrible when this much consistent misery happens to them - I feel for Browns fans, I really do - but it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch than Raiturds fans)!

They choose not to franchise either of the two actually high quality players they had hitting free agency and it's entirely possible, looking maybe even likely that they lose at least one of them and possibly both to other teams.

5. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    If we can at least bring back Rinehart and possibly a Paul Soliai type NT, I'll be happy

6. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +276
    Bears have cut Michael Bush. I know we liked him a while back, would we have any interest now?

7. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +179
    His yards per carry has been on a steady decline since 2009 and is about to turn 30 which is the death age for RBs nowadays. Throw in the struggles he has had to keep his weight down and id pass

8. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,079
    I have basically no interest in any free agent running back. Woodhead was a unique scenario last year - more a gimmick back than an actual back-up runner - and still had very limited wear on the tread. With the massive uptick in underclassmen declares for RB's in the draft, there is next to no value in signing free agent RB's to anything more than 1 year deals.

• Agree Agree x 1