1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Just a matter of time for sproles

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Scott the Rock, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    He is leading the league in returns:tup:
    It's just a matter of time before he runs one all the way. This weekend would be a good time. Lets focus on the positives here. We have some guys that are going nuts on offense.

2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    With new rule in place this season that allows teams to use no more than two men to form a wedge on kickoff returns, Darren Sproles[​IMG] says he can see a bit of a difference in the way teams are covering them.

“There are more lanes,” Sproles said. “Things used to be a little more cluttered. Now they’re a little more spread out.”

However, Sproles doesn’t see the rule change as a major factor in his sizzling start to the season when it comes to the return game. He points to the comfort level he has with the return team and the fact that the group has been together for so long.

“There’s chemistry there now,” Sproles said. “It’s kind of like an offensive line when you’ve played with them for a while. They know what you like to do and that helps.”

Heading into Week 3, Sproles leads the NFL in kickoff returns with an average of 33.1 per attempt. Six of his nine returns have gone for 20 or more yards, and he has three returns of 40 yards or more. Familiar faces such as Kassim Osgood[​IMG], Tim Dobbins[​IMG], Legedu Naanee[​IMG], Brandon Siler[​IMG], Brandon Manumaleuna[​IMG], guys who have been with the team for several years, have had a huge hand in Sproles’ success.

“Our guys have been together doing the same things over and over again,” Head Coach Norv Turner said. “We’ve spent a lot of time on it and they take a lot of pride in it.”

Sproles has a chance to rewrite the Chargers record books Sunday. He needs just four more kickoff returns to tie Andre Coleman[​IMG] (1994-96) for the most attempts in team history, but Sproles hopes it takes a couple more weeks to reach the milestone.

“If the other team isn’t scoring, I don’t get many chances, so I’m all for waiting a bit on that one,” Sproles said. “But if we do get our chances, hopefully we can stay hot with the return game.”

3. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    He'll return 2 like vs Indy in 2007 :tup:

4. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    It doesn't matter to me, anytime the Lightning Bug is on the field, the game is exciting.

Pointy :abq2:

5. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    I keep crossing my fingers and waiting for him to take that hit that hurts him because of his size. He's been getting hit his whole life. He is a little ROCK! :abq1: