1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Just a suggestion.

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Feedback' started by skiman, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skiman

skiman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Everytime I post or create a thread it does not direct me back to the tread I post in. It has a screen that waits for me to click on where I want to go.

2. skiman

skiman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Never mind I guess I spoke too soon. Must be that you have a flood control thing set up. I have to wait a little longer to view it.

3. skiman

skiman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Ok. I found something. you might want to have the people register so they can post. Allowing guest to post will never get people to sign up here. Also on the same note you will never know who is posting when it says guest. Viewing is one thing but posting is another. Makes it easy for trolls to post garbage.

4. Black Prowler

Black Prowler BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree on both topics 8) Maybe shorten the wait time before the message dissapears so people don't have to wait so long or click the link to get redirected.

As for the guests, skiman is right. Also another thing is only show your chargers, nfl,Sports, General Discussion forums to guests...some of the other ones can be hidden untill they sign up. 8)

Another suggestion:

Forums that have no topics in them should be hidden untill you have enough to put in. if people see empty forums it just makes the board look inactive. A general rule I use for opening more forums:

1) Is the subject interesting enough to open a new forum?
    2) Is there enough off topic material in one forum to warrent opening a second forum up for the new subject? If so,
    3) do you have at least ten or more topics to start the new forum?

If you can not answer 'yes' to (at least 2) of the above questions then do not open a new forum for a subject.

oh one more thing...can you show the current topic in each forum in addition to the replies and views? It's hard to see what's going on without topic titles in each forum. :roll:

Good luck with the site! 8)

5. skiman

skiman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I agree with BP on the forums. You don't want to make em unless there is a use for them. There are a few you could combine into one that you don't need.. Example other sports could all be into one. you can have the forum just labled other sports and see where it goes. No need to separate them yet. Just some thoughts for you.

6. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Thanks for all the tips. A couple of enhancements I'm hoping to add soon are quick reply, and a shoutbox.

7. Black Prowler

Black Prowler BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Site is starting to come along Ray. I would just find a way to make the posted topics visable in the index forum view. Peeps like to see what is going on. It's hard to see that by looking at the index. I think this would help your forums a bit. 8)

8. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Great suggestion. I'll look for a mod that will do that.

9. skiman

skiman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I posted that suggestion in another thread. just did not know how to explain it. Thanks BP. You explained it better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.