1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Just Announced-Lower Ticket Prices?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    It must be snowing in Hell, there was an announcement in the local SD news stating that the Chargers will be lowering ticket prices in View and Endzone seats to about 54 dollars a seat. Apparently, the organization felt the crunch financially with three games being blacked out. The team's officials hope that by lowering prices they can attract more fans and make it a little more affordable. Now, if they could only lower the cost of beer at a game...

Pointy :cool:

2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Now if they would only drop the cost of parking.............

3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Does anyone really think a $9 drop in price for the worst seats in the stadium, which are still over $50, will make a huge difference? I don't. Personally, I think cost was only part of the reason they didn't sell out last year, not the whole reason

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Beer is $1.75 cheaper at Mile High than it is at Qualcomm. Plus they have concession stands every 50 feet and have vendor that bring beer through the stands. I guess higher volume allows for cheaper prices

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Shouldn't you pay less for an inferior product?

Jes sayin' .....

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    You should, but pretty much everything at Invesco, including average ticket price is lower here (Also a great place to see the Chargers beat a divisional rival). Well, everything except parking because their lot is about 1/4 the size, but trolley (light rail) access is great, unlike Qualcomm where there is an hour line just to get on the trolley

7. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    that will save me $180.00, which will almost pay for parking

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    I think (and I've been wrong before, just ask my wife) that the city negotiates the price of parking with Ace.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    ...Just goes to prove that the actual ticket price is a ripoff to begin with. the only reason to do this is for the t.v. $ Which means that they could be charging a lot less for ALL the seats and still be making a ton of dough as long as there aren't any blackouts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    You are correct, it is only part of the reasoning, but it shows that the organization is at least making an effort somewhere. And CBF is right about the parking, that IS Ace Parking, and if you ask Ace they deny it and point their fingers at the Chargers organization.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    but ya dont get anything if ya dont ask