1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Just because i'm board...my dream Offseasons scenario

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Duffman57, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +125
    Now i'm not saying any of this will or should happen, but this is what i'd want to do.

HC: Chip Kelley (And with him, comes in a ZBS for this OL, and NO...for the trillionth time, he will not bring the spread option)
    GM: Marc Ross (I know its not gonna happen, but i think he's the best choice of the little i know about this stuff)

Our FA's:
    Green (Resign, average starter in a ZBS)
    Vasquez (With new ZBS, he doesn't really fit too well, let go)
    Jackie Battle (Resign for cheap)
    Ronnie Brown (let walk)
    Danario Alexander (RESIGN THAT MAN)
    Antoine Cason (Buh Bye)
    Quentin Jammer (Reign, shorter side contract)
    Aubrayo Franklin (RESIGN THIS MAN)
    Shaun Phillips (He Gone)
    Antwaan Barnes (Resign)
    McMichael/Rosario (Gone)

Free Agency:
    Jairus Byrd/William Moore/Patrick Chung/Louis Delmas
    Jermaine Bushrod
    Derek Cox
    Jared Cook (His price tag will be significantly lowered with the way he's misused in Ten)

Draft:
    1st: Taylor Lewan/Eric Fisher
    2nd: Ezekiel Ansah (He's the type of guy that can be a truely Elite pass rusher, his athleticism is INSANE)
    3rd: Justin Gilbert CB, Ok State
    4th: Hugh Thornton/Omorigo Uzzi OG, Illinois/Ga Tech
    5th: Zac Stacy/Chriatian Thompson/Dennis Johnson RB, Vandy/FSU/Arkansas
    6th: Bruce Taylor/Andrew Jackson ILB, Va Tech/Western Kentucky
    7th: Kyle Long OT/OG, Oregon

Thoughts?

2. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    next year we will have @ 20 mil to work with, English needs to Go! his cap hit next year will be @ 3 million, Garay 5 million. Before we sign anyone I believe the first order of business would be to extend Butler long term.

Denario Alexander
    Antwan Barnes
    Aubrayo Franklin
    Demorrio Williams
    Mike Windt

Should all be first priorities in house, from there we can do what we did last off season and let guys like Vasqeuz, Green, Novak, Jammer, Cason go out and test FA, if they get signed oh well if not we sign them for cheaper than they're worth.

Im not sure what if there are any loop holes in guys like English and Garays contract but if we can cut bait and not get hit then I say "good riddance"

3. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Where exactly are you getting your information from? Rotoworld? Because it's not accurate.

English's total cap hit next season is ~ $2.4 million, and $1.165 million of that gets charged against our cap regardless of whether we release him or not. Garay yes, he should be released. Not entirely sure exactly how much we would save by doing so, it might be the full $5 million it might only be $3.5 million, because the breakdown I have isn't specific as to what type of bonus the $1.5 million beyond his scheduled $3.5 million base salary is or whether it's been deferred.

Just an FYI.

4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    I was being generous with English rounding up, He is making 1,275,000 + his signing bonus + a misc. 865,000 which Im guessing he doesn't see because it probably applies to actually being on the field.