1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Just got Tix

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by packfntk, Oct 4, 2011.

1. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey guys-

Just bought my tix for the 11/6 Chargers vs Packers game. In Plaza section 45, Row 4. Has anyone sat near these and do you have any thoughts on how they are, what to expect?

2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,732
    I used to have seats there, prepare for some hard-core Chargers fans in that section. Just a sidenote, anytime you buy seats in Plaza, buy them from row 6 and up. Main reason, the big walkway is right in front of you and people are walking by and makes it a little difficult to see the play on the field. Don't be surprised to stand a lot, too.

3. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the info. Damn, there sounds to be a lot of obstructed view/crap seats in the Q. So are my seats not going to be very good?

My buddies and I love to stand, and we can take the razzing from fans. We have gone to a bunch of stadiums so are used to it.

4. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,732
    If you've never been here, how would you know where the 'crap seats' are? You shouldn't make those judgements based on what you may have heard. You asked for an opinion, and I gave you my take based on my previous experiences in that section. Someone else may think those seats are heaven. IMHO

5. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Woa, no need to get defensive dude. All I said was that there sounds like there is a ton of obstructed view or seats with issues in the stadium. Settle. I was just asking, sorry I used the word crappy. I am just used to Lambeau where there are no obstructed view or seats with blockage.

6. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    And where are you coming from?

7. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Not too many obstructed seats. Just happens that the first couple of rows in plaza have a walkway in front of them and if you get a lot of guys filled up with beer running for the restroom you will be obstructed for a second or two. No biggie. Pack travels well se you will have many other Packer fans here. Normally a Pack game goes 70-30 (30% Packer fans) so you should have friends around. Your team is playing out of this world right now. The only way to beat you is to hit Rodgers a lot and burn your secondary. You guys are giving up a bunch of points every game but so far no one has been able to stop you from putting up more. Should be a pretty good test for our team to see if we are starting to get hot like we do in the second half of the season. Good luck and have fun.

8. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Mike, greatly appreciated. I was just getting nervous because I heard there were a lot of obstructed seats in the stadium. I was told on a different forum that we should expect greater than 50% Packer fans. I hope so, that is how it was when we went to KC a few years ago, good time.

So is there anything different in Qualcomm that we can look forward to? Any cool traditions or stuff that is unique to your stadium? We are super excited and can't wait to check it out.

Should be a good match. PRiv and JJax are deadly and Matthews is playing extremely well. How long will Gates be out, that whole thing seems weird to me....

9. Boltcru

Boltcru BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    There will be more green and yellow jerseys on the other side of the stadium. (North side)

10. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Cool. So is Qualcomm loud? Trying to do some digging here....

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    It can be. There have been times that the stadium is shaking from the crowd noise. Other times you can hear the QB from the top seats...

12. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Tailgating is always a fun affair at the Q because of the gigantic parking lot - if you're going to tailgate I reccommend getting in early so you can relax and enjoy. This game will sell-out and the lot will fill up early for sure.

On the west side of the stadium is Murphy's, it's part of a multi-story "building" at about sections 23-29 if I remember correctly it's in that vicinity... anyway, I usually stop there for a margarita before kick-off. It's the only option for a cocktail outside of Club level that I'm aware of.

Be prepared for the cannon going off when the Chargers score - you should be far enough away that it won't be a big deal but I've seen grown men scream like school-girls in surprise before ;)

I personally, like plaza level and even when I've sat in row 1 the people walking by weren't a big deal. The vendors are also pretty good about getting out of the way when there is action on the field. Plaza is high enough up that you get a pretty good view of the whole field and still low enough that you feel close to the action. It's by far the largest and deepest section as well, so you're in the mix with a lot of people. The truly obstructed view seats are at field level (lower rows) and that's just because the players, media and other people/stuff on the sideline is blocking the view.

In general, Charger fans are a pretty fun bunch and while we will haggle with opposing fans, it's generally done in jest and not with malicious intent. There's always a few a-holes who can't handle their liquor and have an attitude, I hope you get to avoid them and have a great time.

Gates is battling with serious pain as a result of his plantar-faciitis injury from last season. Scar tissue and the tearing of said scar tissue has caused him a level of pain he just can't play through unfortunately :( I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him until the GB game if not later in the season - maybe even not at all. It sucks.

13. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    just dont let anyone steal your cheesehead to make a Quesadilla out of it

14. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    seriously most of us bolt fans will raz u abit all in good fun but we are mostly laid back. you should be fine at the Q. tailgating is the best, just get there early

15. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    Yep, Tailgating in San Diego is an artform. Pretty cheerleaders. Great fans. Should be a fun game. And if the Chargers are 6-1 or 5-2 come that game it will be a 70-30 mix of Chargers fans to Pack fans, with the majority of the pack fans on the North side.

16. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    You think there will be only 30% Packer fans there? It is at least that percent every stadium we go to (we go to at least 1 per year) and this is a warm weather destination game. I was told by some Chargers fans that they would expect 50/50 at least in the stadium if not more Packer fans.

Just trying to gauge thoughts. Qualcomm seemed to think that there would be an insane amount of green and gold there. The guy that I talked to said, "Judging from the amount of calls we have gotten from you Green Bay fans, and the season you had last year coupled with the season we had last year, you should expect 50-60% Packer fans there. It is usually about 40-50 when you guys come to town".

17. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    It will probably be 60% blue and yellow; 40% Green and Yellow.

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I like the pack with Rodgers... (hated Favrah), but still... hope the Chargers stop a mud hole in their chests and walk it dry!

19. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    I'm still sticking by 70-30 if we are 6-1 or 5-2 come that weekend. Any which way, it's too many of the other teams fans. Doesnt happen like that in Green Bay, but then we have more to do around town then go to the game or hang out at the gas and sip.

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Dude, you're gonna have a great time!

21. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    The Packers are one of America's Bandwagons, so I would guess there will be plenty of Packers fans there. This isn't meant as an insult, it's just a fact. Everywhere you go in America there are Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, and Raider fans. Lots of people latch onto those teams for various reasons, mostly frontrunners who like teams that have won a lot. This is not to say that all Packers fans fall into that category, but a pretty good percentage.

I have heard the 50/50 thing before, and even people trying to claim 80% of the fans are opposing team fans. To that I call bullsh_t. It just SEEMS like it because there are a lot people.

22. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Plus San Diego has a lot of transplants. I don't think many people move TO Green Bay.

23. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,732
    It's about a guaranteed sellout, wouldn't be surprised to see the place filled to capacity, 69 to 71 thousand can fit in the place. I even have my own Brother showing up, with his cheese head crown and all. It will look like a 60/40 mix, expect that a few Chargers fans sell out their seats so that they can make bank on tickets they sell to opposing fans.

24. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Gas and sip? Yeah, you really don't know GB do you? Haha! Nothing like that. But yes, Packer games are number 1 in our town, it's how we were raised and I wouldn't have it any different. I love it.

You are right, we don't have that happen in Lambeau, but it's because of that culture. When the Bears or Vikings come to town it is probably 10-15% opposing teams fans but that makes me sick. This is going to be a great game, hopefully there is SOME defense on either side, if you are a betting man bet the over!

25. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    So your brother is a Packer fan??? How did that happen? Yeah, Chargers fans ARE making bank on this game. Look at what tickets are going for, Packer fans are driving the price up!

26. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    My wife is also a Packer fan and made it VERY CLEAR that she will be occupying my 2nd seat for this game. Our kids are Charger fans though.

We also have friends who are Packer season ticket holders. They'll drive up from Madison for games.

27. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    That is awesome! I went to school in Madison. So you are responsible for all the green and gold in the stadium? Haha! JK.

28. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,732
    My old high school is in Coachella, (Coachella Valley HS) about two hours away from SD. School colors: Green & Gold Football Uniforms: Exactly the same unis as the Packers, except for a "C" instead of a "G" on the helmet in the same letter style. School nickname: The Arabs (Or the Fighting Arabs)

29. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    That is freaking awesome. I am jealous.

30. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    The funniest example of this was Wade Phillips when he was head coach of the Donkos, he nearly jumped out of his skin when the cannon went off after a Bolts score. I wish I could find a video of that, it looked as though it nearly caused him to poop his pants. If anyone has such an image please post it.

• Like Like x 1