1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Just heard on XX Radio

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Jun 2, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    According to Adam Schefler (Spelling?), Crompton has signed

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Chargers sign fifth-round quarterback Jonathan Crompton
    Posted by Michael David Smith on June 2, 2010 3:35 PM ET

The San Diego Chargers have signed quarterback Jonathan Crompton, their fifth-round draft pick.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that the deal is a four-year contract.

Crompton, who was taken in the fifth round despite being snubbed for an invitation to the scouting combine, threw for 2,800 yards with 27 touchdowns and 13 interceptions during his final season at Tennessee.

The 6-foot-3, 222-pound Crompton has been inconsistent, which some observers blame on the fact that he played for four different offensive coordinators. Chargers coach Norv Turner likes to develop young quarterbacks and views Crompton as a project.

Responses to "Chargers sign fifth-round quarterback Jonathan Crompton"

karmathaitch says:
    June 2, 2010 3:47 PM
    Could be a gem in the future, or trade him to Seattle for a second rounder like Whitehurst! LOL!!

BigMikeSkinsFan says:
    June 2, 2010 3:52 PM
    thats gotta be a relief. im sure they were glad they secured a player who will NEVER see the field.

great reporting!!

FAST says:
    June 2, 2010 3:56 PM
    More future trade bait for the bolts. Some desperate team will overpay for him down the line....... Maybe the seahawks again.

Beauregard says:
    June 2, 2010 4:15 PM
    Let him room with Phillip Rivers in training camp so he can learn how to be a whiny cry baby punk.

rockotica says:
    June 2, 2010 4:17 PM
    i dont watch a lot of college football, but somehow watched 2 Tenn games this year.....this guy freaking sucks! he can barely handle the snap! good one, Norv!

JBx11 says:
    June 2, 2010 4:19 PM
    I hope the best for of all these young adults to succeed.. This kid Crompton has plenty of work to accomplish before being established in this league, on and off the field.. And that's all I got to say about that. (in Forest voice)

Nacho Libre says:
    June 2, 2010 4:21 PM
    Whew, thought they might let this one get away...now I can sleep tonight.

AutumnWind999 says:
    June 2, 2010 4:23 PM
    Chargers are still finishing below .500. This is the year the wheels come off completely.

Duan says:
    June 2, 2010 4:33 PM
    I hate he went to a team that he will have no shot at ever starting. May be inconsistent, but got damn I like his ability! High ceiling guy, the Browns should have went after him instead of McCoy!

Count Sacula says:
    June 2, 2010 4:36 PM
    Crompton's in the house.

rusH1023 says:
    June 2, 2010 4:41 PM
    FAST says:

More future trade bait for the bolts. Some desperate team will overpay for him down the line....... Maybe the seahawks again.

What a dumb comment. Because you were lucky enough that it worked once, it's a given that this scrub will allow it to happen again? Pff.

Zane says:
    June 2, 2010 5:16 PM
    Eh, I'm sure the guy has upside. And they probably got him for practically nothing. A depth-chart filler if nothing else. We've all seen the best Billy Volek has to offer.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Crompton signs
    Kevin Acee

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 p.m.30 2:44 p.m.

The Chargers have their first draft pick officially in the fold.

Quarterback Jonathan Crompton, their second fifth-round pick, agreed to a four-year contract today worth a potential $2.7 million.

Should all go according to plan, Crompton will never throw an regular-season pass for the Chargers.

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Trade bait!

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Gotta love all the hate!! :lol:

It's good to be a Charger fan

:abq2::abq1::abq2::abq1:

6. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    At least... not during THIS contract. :lol:

7. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    I think Voleks contract expires after this season. If there is a season in 2011, Crompton could be our #2 QB and play in a mop up game or two.

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    You can never tell when we might need him. O line better play well.