1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Just looking for opinions

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Jan 22, 2015.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    If were at 17 and tj clemmings is there, ot from Pittsburgh, would you take him or try to trade down?

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Depends.
    Depends on if we can re-sign Dunlap.
    Depends on if we're actually moving Fluker to RT.
    Depends on if Telesco won't just solve the issue in FA with a guy like Bulaga.
    Also it kind of depends on if we lose Brandon Flowers, making CB immediately our biggest need IMO.

There is no way to answer this question now.

3. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    I'm not sure he's gonna do so well if he's asked to play left tackle at the next level. when you read up on him the word "raw" is used a lot, and he doesn't seem to have had the best week at senior bowl practice so far either. Also, if we're drafting him as RT then we've spent a first on this position twice in the last 3 years, that being said it would solidify the right side if you think Fluker would do well as RG.

It also depends on who else is available, if someone with greater value falls, etc..

4. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    Thanks for the opinions, I saw him mocked to us, and it got me thinking if we had two big powerful mountains on the right side we could solidify the line

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    As long as we have someone who can block Justin Houston

6. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    That's what I was saying , he looks like he could, but sometimes he struggles because his hand techniques aren't 100 yet, and powerful guys have knocked him over when he was caught off guard, mostly I wanted to see how y'all graded him, I grade him as the number 3 tackle and a 1st round pick