1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Just my opinion....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MountainDew, Dec 4, 2007.

1. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    Please everyone dont bash or hate me.... This team misses Drew Brees dearly, as well as Donnie Edwards. I really have no idea how Rivers made Pro bowl over Tom Brady last year. I just dont understand why everyone in ALL the forums are against these two- one of the best Chargers players ever to play the positions. Rivers is clearly a product of the system. The offense last year was just to good for him not to make the Pro-bowl. How many 20+ yards did Rivers throw for? or even yard? I am just bummed out the way he has been when we had a true QB in Brees. Pleaase everyone dont thrash my thread and just reply and talk like normal people. I am not a troll so dont get all bent out of shape. I think we should trade M.Turner for Quinn or better yet Anderson.

Dew

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Oh no...

[​IMG]

Run for the hills boys!

[​IMG]

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

Gee thanks for this. It has only been discussed to death, but you know what? I wasnt a factor last year as Rivers played real well.

Rivers will be fine . Drew sucked as a 2nd year starter and Rivers is playing better than Drew did in his 2nd year starting so who cares.

BTW....THIS YEAR Rivers has 35 20+ yard passes and Brees has 32

Rivers has 13 INT's, Brees has 15

The Chargers are 7-5, the Saints are 5-7

Anything else you want to discuss?

• Like Like x 1
  4. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33

Oh ok and how many passes does Brees have that were dropped by his WR?

5. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Are you serious?
    So your saying our WR's havent dropped any :icon_eek:

What does that have to do with anything?:icon_huh:

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  7. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    ok, can u compare the yardage of the two so far this season? I was saying Brees WR have the most dropped passes.

8. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    So far all of your posts have sucked horribly. Your "opinions" are pure crap, and you need to spend less time sniffing glue cans and more time watching Chargers games.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    And how do you know they have the most dropped passes and again.....what does that have to do with anything? All WR's drop passes sometimes and we have had our share.

Here is a fact:

Brees is a 6th year starter, Rivers is a 2nd. IMO Rivers will be far beyond Brees when he is a 6th year starter to where Brees is now as a 6th year.

This isnt even worth discussing..........AGAIN and your suggestion of trading for UNPROVEN Brady Quinn is assinine.

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Chargers 7-5
    Saints 5-7
    Chiefs 4-8

I think we're doing just fine without both of them.

You fail.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Soda can is that you?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Sounds like leisure...

• Like Like x 1
  13. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Ouch, you guys tore him up. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The only part I can agree with is that it would have been good to keep Edwards.
    Because when Wilhelm was out... Dobbins sucked!!!

15. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Coop is the man!

• Like Like x 2
  16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Sure is!!!

17. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I have been one of the biggest supporters of Drew Brees and Donnie Edwards.

It is very true that Brees sucked his second season as a starter. I felt Drew had turned the corner though and was a real leader here. Still regardless of how Drew is playing now, Rivers has more upside. During the time that I wanted to keep Brees, it was never because I didn't like Rivers. Hell, Rivers is way better than that cry baby Elway was at this stage in his career.

Most QBs don't have that "it" factor, and I wanted to keep Brees because I felt he did. I still feel he does, but I think Rivers does also. IMO Rivers will be simply amazing in a few years. It does suck that we have to go through these growing pains after we already did with Brees, but I think it will be worth it.

Donnie Edwards is someone I felt we should have kept. Someone on another forum made a video of him getting knocked back and giving up a few extra yards on every tackle. Sure, if you cherry pick the clips you use, you can get that impression. But I know that I've seen him make hard tackles for a loss before. And even if he did give up a few extra yards from time to time, he always made the tackle. Something we are missing big time this season. Plus, for a linebacker, he was excellent in coverage.

I think there were things he was unhappy about in his contract, and sometimes thats the way things go. I know from radio interviews that AJ Smith was not happy with Edwards and most likely do to his contract complaints. Whether things transpired the way some people have posted on these forums or not, I don't know. I do know he's not a Charger, so it's time to move forward with the players we do have.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    With Edwards, the whining all the time about his contract only served to amplify his shortcomings on the field. If Edwards would have just kept his mouth shut he'd still be here.

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Edwards wasn't the hardest hitter but he was awesome at breaking up plays and made LOTS of interceptions!!!

So he wasn't happy with his contract... but it wasn't like AJ said "I'm willing to negociate if you are. Lets sit at the table and see if we can come to an agreement."

20. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    You don't know what AJ did or didn't say. It's not like AJ is adverse to resigning key players since we have sign as many if not more than anyone else in the NFL.

The rub with Edwards was how he handled his contract concerns. Whining to the fans, the players, and the press was the worst way possible to try to get a new deal.

21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    When all is said and done

More is said, than done

:icon_shrug:

:icon_huh:

:lol:

22. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135

profound...

The simple fact of the matter is:

Brees is gone Rivers is here.

Even if the resident "prophet" has abandoned the "chosen one" Rivers is the man, people need to get over their fantasies about Brees coming back or making a trade for someone else.

23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    [​IMG]

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Great post Thumper. Spot on.

Fact is teams change. Marty is gone. Edwards is gone. Bress is gone. I liked all three. But I am a Chargers fan, not a players fan. I can get Brees on my fantasy team if I miss him, but he will most likely not wear lighting bolts again. Teams change. We survived losing Harrison, Seau and others. We have survived losing Brees and Edwards.

Move on. It is fine to look back and wonder 'what if', we all do it. But in the end, it is just a day dream, and everyone's day dream is different.

• Like Like x 1
  25. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

spot on C,

We are in the middle of a transformation on our team, I think it shows toughness that we are where we are. Hopefully the players grow as the season comes to an end and into the playoffs.

ps. fwiw - hind site and all, I think Donna could have made a contribution this year had he stayed.

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

• Like Like x 2
  26. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    Edwards SUCKED!!! stop it. He got drugged and rarely made a tackle behind the LOS. The only thing he could do was cover. I don't need my ILB to be an extra safety on the field.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Sorry I disagree with you. He did not suck, and he did not make a lot of tackles behind the line of scrimage. But he made a lot of tackles. Do not discount that. So what if it was after a two yard gain? The Shawne's were the pass rushers under Phillips. Edwards was containment guy.

How many runs have gone for more than 2-3 yards this season. Quite a bit. He did well for our team. Bottom line.

He is gone now, but at least respect what he did for us. Leading the team in tackles every season he was here is nothing to scoff at. Yeah if he ran his mouth to the military about his contract, that was asinine and stupid of him. But on the field he played well every down for the Chargers. I cant disregard that as most do here.

28. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288

Respect??? How much respect did he show the team and fans by *****in bout his contract every chance he got?? fhim and the arrow he rode out on :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    He is not the first Charger to do so. Merriman started out with a holdout because he did not like the contract and his people were vocal about it. Why is that alright?

30. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288

Rookie, first contract realized that the NFL is a business. Donna was experienced in the NFL and already knew it was a business. Beside Donna was complaining about his contract 2 years prior, he didn't just start complaining about it.