1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Just puttin' it out there

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolt-tastic voyage, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Bolt-tastic voyage

Bolt-tastic voyage BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Since people are beginning the now annual should LT be a Charger next year conversation, i decided to look at some stats and put some things out there.

Teams like our Chargers don't need a huge yardage back. Look at the Colts, Pats, and Saints who are pass heavy teams centered around their QB. Addai, Maroney, and Thomas are their starters and they only have 100 or less yards more than our LT. LT is about the end zone now, not the long distance stuff. And he is doing it well. He is number 7 in TD's and has more than all 3 of those guys.

I hope he stays and we draft his future replacement so that he can learn and become a great back with the help of LT, just as Turner & Sproles have.

I hope you guys are with me.

And BTW GO BOLTS!!!!!! Super Bowl bound!!!!!
    :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    We are 8-3 doin' it the way we are right now and it seems good to me.

3. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Ditto that...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

4. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    It would be great if LT stays. He can still be a positive contributor to our team. However, for that to happen, management will expect him to take a huge paycut.

Will LT accept something like that? We shall see after this season.:icon_shrug:

GO CHARGERS!:bolt:

5. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    If we win the Lombardi, it may be a moot point with a little one coming. He might just retire and get ready for Canton.

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I say let's not even worry about that.

Let's enjoy what we have right now, 1 game lead in our division, 2nd seed in the AFC playoffs, and an upcoming game in Cleveland vs. the Browns.

Nothing else matters.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    :yes: we cant look ahead further than sunday.

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Yeah man, theres a huge difference between what the Saints, Colts, and Patriots do compared to the Chargers. They love to spread the D out with 4 and 5 WRs and pass 35-50 times per game. Those teams (the Pats in particular) use the short passing game as their rushing game.

Norv seems to be completely dedicated to keeping our offense 50-50, and we throw A LOT from heavy I-formations and double TEs. The point being we need to run the ball to run Norv's offense.

This team reminds me of the 06' Colts though, can't run, can't stop the run, everybody assumes they'll get run out of the playoffs by a team that can........and Bob Sanders comes out of nowhere to transform their defense. I think Merriman getting healthy will be our version of Bob Sanders.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It's all gonna come down to the money, folks. You can't field a championship team by being but so sentimental.

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Exactly, Lt would have to be willing to play for a lot less money to be able to finish out in SD. I can't see Deano or AJ for that matter, wanting to tie up that much bread to keep him around. It's a sad prospect to think about but it's just around the bend.

11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    LT still seems too determined mentally to take a backup role or a mentor role for another young back. It'd be the Marshall Faulk/Steven Jackson situation again.

12. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    What he said.

13. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    The Chargers will beat the Cowboys.

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    All the more reason to win a championship this year & convince him that it's time to be a FT daddy. :yes: