1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

just saw this on sportscenter

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by bigmike.x.09, Jan 18, 2008.

1. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    norv says rivers will be gametime decision.

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Heard that earlier today. Gates was last week too.

3. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    The talk I have heard is that Rivers will probably start, but if he can’t step up into the pocket quickly enough then Volek will replace him early in the game.

4. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Rivers will be just fine. In fact, I believe he'll be fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Norv and LT both said that he threw the ball extremely well today.

6. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    That is great to hear! We need his attitude and confidence at the helm on Sunday.

7. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Rivers is right where I want him to be: plenty to prove against a mountain of doubt. I think he operates incredibly well in that type of situation.

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Rivers has NEVER played bad in a big game in his life. I tried to tell the Colts fans this last week, but they wouldn't listen. If we lose this game, it will not be because of Rivers.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I hope Rivers is ready to roll, he's the ultimate big game qb and while I have faith in Volek I'd prefer Rivers to have teh game of his life against the Pats

10. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Even last year.

He was probably the only one of the entire bunch not making stupid mistakes.

(Although I think he did waste a time out, IIRC)

11. pulherst

pulherst BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't know about Rivers being the ultimate big game QB. While at some point he might get there, I don't think he's there yet. I believe he will play, although I don't know if he'll start or not. While certainly Rivers gives you more big play ablitiy, I also think he's more likely to turn the ball over. I think the Pats will take a similar defensive stategy as the have of late, which is stop the run and makes teams beat us thru the air. Teams have been able to thow on us, so it should be interesting.

12. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    That it should. I agree that Rivers still needs to prove himself under the lights of a big game, but all legends have to start somewhere. Rivers has tremendous moxie, regardless of how the national media wants to spin his talkative style. Tomorrow we'll see...

Locally they have a radio commercial that talks about unfinished business with clips of Rosie Colvin yelling "LIGHTS OUT" into the Chargers locker room after last years playoff game. I don't care about "winning with class", but you can be sure that the Chargers are anxious to avenge the way that game ended, and rub the Pats noses in the way they acted as they walked off the turf at the Q.

It's all hype until you get hit in the mouth. Then it's just football. Tomorrow we get to see who the better team really is.

13. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    has anyone heard about lo neal?:icon_huh:

14. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    He's playing last I heard.

15. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    to put it simply, rivers is a tough dude. hes got balls. rivers tiene GRANDE huevos. yes. that was ****, but its true and you all know it.