1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Just Saying

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Apr 22, 2012.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +116
    I dont really care for hightower, but for all of yall whining about it, if his name gets called i wouldnt be upset with him. He is rebounding from terrible injuries that often end careers. He is a beast, and so what if hes a butler clone? Butler is a monster

2. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,032
    Because thus far none of the aberration of what our coaches have passed off as "scheme" that this team has shown since Wade left suggests that the ILB's are to be used interchangeably (as Wade did with Godfrey and Edwards); the safeties yes, but not the ILB's. Now, as much as I would like to believe that was due to the physical limitations of what Stephen Cooper and his particular skill-set brought to the table, it's really not the case.

The other reason why many are stonewalling the Hightower idea is, put simply, because no matter how much some folks may want to outright prematurely release Jonas Mouton - because they've yet to see him play a down for us, because they think he was over-drafted (and therefore must irrefutably "suck"), or for whatever reason - this team is a year removed from investing a 2nd round pick in him... so if we draft someone like Hightower it's likely that we're looking at him as an OLB prospect and he lacks the high end quick-twitch and change-of-direction speed (particularly when compared to some of the other prospects at that position) to truly stand out there in the NFL. Miles Burris (who will be selected some 4-5 rounds after Hightower) has better potential as a long-term outside pass-rusher than Hightower does.

3. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +768
    I like Mouton:)