1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Just wanting to know....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT-Express, Nov 4, 2007.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I am curious to know what you all think now, that were on Cotrell's nuts last week, saying that his defensive schemes were solid and how great this guy was? This guy is a joke if you ask me! We just gave up the single most rushing yards in a game in NFL History to a fuggin rookie and to one of the worst offenses in the league!

2. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    I haven't been on Cottrell's nuts at all. Quite the opposite actually. I haven't been convinced we play such great D despite our wins. Take away some key turnovers, and we'd have lost a few more than we won.

Today was an abomination. Inexcusable frankly. You know he's getting the rock, but no, with all our talent, we can't stop him.

Though I'd like to see TC fired, I've no idea who could replace him and it would be a disaster to attempt a change midseason. Tell you what though, Ron Rivera must be chafing.

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Completely agree. I havent been sold on Cottrell either.

4. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Longest play in NFL History...CroMo...

What was this thread about again?

TBF

5. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you kidding me? Quit being so IGNORANT and feeding people with crap. First off, Adrian Peterson is a very promising rookie RB that is looking to be one of the greatest EVER. Second of all, worst offenses in the league? They ran all over you, Minnesota is ranked 30th in pass offense with 151.5 yards per game and ranked FIRST in rush offense with 183.1 yards per game. As for as total offense goes, their ranked 14th in the NFL. Quit being so pessimistic and give credit where credit is due.

As for Cotrell, I don't know much about him so I have no comment on him. But think before you speak, it'll get your further in life!

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I'll give credit to AP that he had a great day and so far has had great rookie numbers .. But that is all that he has at this point. He leaves his feet to often and he runs upright. This spells injury in the future. If he doesn't, then I'll happily eat crow but the criticisms are legit.

7. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    He's making cuts that I haven't seen since Barry Sanders. Granted I don't agree with him leaving his feet too often, but if he can stay healthy, I have no doubts that he'll leave the NFL as one of the top five RBs in the history in the NFL. He's owning the NFL as a rookie and I'd hate to see in the future with a couple years of experience under his belt. Peterson is a guy you build around, if he stays healthy he's going to be huge.

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Absolutely. Kid is just flat out better than everyone else on the field when the ball is in his hands. :yes:

9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    What does that mean? That's all anyone has.

People used to say Dickerson ran too upright to ever be great. How did that work out?

AP is a freak. Get used to him blowing your mind.

10. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    It means he is a rookie .. I'll reserve judgement. Right now he looks great but to make pronouncements that he could be one of the top 5 running backs of all time is a bit premature.

What does it mean to build a team around someone anyway? Don't most teams do that!? You have a running back and a quarterback and most teams build around those 2 core things.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    i've never been on his nuts beyatch, i've given him some credit if his plan worked. I never liked him.

12. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434

WOW!! Ignorant? I need to think before I speak? Ignorant is saying that a guy is going to go off and be "one of the greatest EVER" after 8 games in his career? And I need to think before I speak...lmao! Understand this, I think Peterson is going to be a good back, maybe even great and I am hessitant to say anything else this early, because I said the same thing about LJ 3 years ago...Damn this guy is going to be great! You cannot control what a team does to his OLine cause of cap, and if he loses Hutch in few years cause of cap that will hurt him alot...We see what losing Roaf and Shields did to LJ! So please quit carrying the guys jock around for awhile, and realize he is 8 games into his career!