1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Just What The Donkeys Wanted to Hear....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Oct 19, 2007.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I bet Denver fans are happy they have the Rockies to Turn To.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3070995

Walker could miss six weeks; Bailey a game-time decision

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker could miss six weeks after undergoing surgery on his right knee Friday, coach Mike Shanahan said.

Walker could be back sooner, but it's too early to tell, Shanahan said Walker's surgery in Houston.

"I heard the doctor estimate it at six weeks. We'll get a better feel on it next week or so," Shanahan said.

Walker, who missed the Broncos' last two games because of excessive swelling and pain, tore his ACL during the 2005 season-opener with the Green Bay Packers. He had two surgeries to repair the knee that season and needed a follow-up operation around the time he joined the Broncos in a draft-day trade in 2006.

The Broncos could certainly use his big-play ability. The team is 2-1 when he plays and 0-2 without him. Walker had 17 catches for 220 yards in the team's first two games before being held to just 2 catches and 10 yards against Jacksonville in week 3.

The Broncos also may be without their best defensive player -- cornerback Champ Bailey -- when they host Pittsburgh Sunday night. Bailey will be a game-time decision, Shanahan said.

Bailey returned to limited practice Friday after missing the rest of the week because of a strained right quadriceps.

"If I feel like if I can go 100 percent, I'm definitely going to go out there," Bailey said. "I feel like I've got two-and-a-half days to get myself ready. That's enough time. I'll go out there and see how it feels."

"He'll know if he can play or can't play," Shanahan said. "Champ is pretty direct. He's a very tough player. Obviously he'd like to help our football team win, but he knows if he's injured or not."

Bailey has only missed two games in his NFL career.

The struggling Broncos can ill afford another injury.

Tight end Nate Jackson is lost for the year with a groin injury. The team also placed tight end Stephen Alexander on injured reserve Thursday because of a calf injury.

Center Tom Nalen is out for the season with a torn biceps. (Mother Flocker) Chris Myers has shifted from guard to center, and Chris Kuper has taken over Myers' spot on the offensive line.

Tight end Tony Scheffler's return to form last week may provide a boost to quarterback Jay Cutler and a struggling red zone offense. Scheffler became one of Cutler's favorite targets near the goal line last season.

"I think we kind of tried to push him out there a little bit too early," Cutler said. "He felt like he should be making plays for us like he did at the end of last year. Hopefully we can use him a little bit this week, use some two tight end sets and have him stretch the field."

2. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    So here's a recap:
    1) Jay Cutler is overrated
    2) Knee-nashing Nalen is out for the year
    3) Javon Walker is out for awhile
    4) Travis Henry is facing suspension over sweet Mary-Jane, (the one "woman" he hasn't had a kid with)
    5) Simeon Rice is second guessing the team
    6) Champ Bailey is still hurting from Gates' beatdown
    7) Stephen Alexander's vagina hurts again
    8) Shananananahan is losing the Rocky Mountain love from the fans

Am I missing anything? The incredible may happen... Denver 4th in AFC West, Raiders in 2nd by seasons end.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

Sweet. :lol: :tup:

4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

Sweet. :lol: :tup:

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    This rules because I am too tired to read the whole article. :tup:

6. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    That is a great article...

:icon_rofl:

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Its beautiful baby

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    This news is WONDERFUL. Karma b1tches.

:lol: @ Denver

9. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148

Sweet! :lol::tup:

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Tear drops on my keyboard, rain in my heart-because of you-oo-oo-oo. Gotto love those crocodile tears.

11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Donky fans were running wild talking about how they'd be contenders now that Jay Culter has taken over. I heard nothing over the offseason but "Norv will lead you down the drain, Cutler and Henry will get us 12 wins."