1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kassim Osgood is a Jaguar

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Mar 6, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Best of luck KO. :icon_toast:

BTW we play the jags next year so if he starts as a receiver, i hope we get a pick from a ball thrown to him

2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    A #3WR at best. Good luck.

3. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Ok, not to bust your balls but do you have a link? I can not find it anywhere.

4. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    He posted it himself on Facebook. Even has a pic of him wearing the cap.

5. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    That explains it... :lol:

6. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
  7. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Oh well, good luck to him.

8. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    [​IMG]

:violin:

9. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    What is up with the Jags and all of their crappy WR's? They have not had a decent one since Jimmy Smith.

10. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    Hey, Sims-Walker had a great year as their #1 WR. Of course, he is someone picked off the scrapheap and would likely be the #5 in our system, so I cannot really argue with your point...does a used-up Torry Holt count?

Schefter is reporting three-years for $6.675 million that could be worth up to $10.875 million with incentives. Not bad for a #2 receiver, but pretty excessive for a #3 WR, even if he is a Pro Bowl gunner.

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    What if the Jags now draft a few receivers? Oy.

12. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    I agree that Simms-Walker had a good year. He does have potential and likely the most productive WR since Jimmy. It has only been one year for him. Let's see what he can do next year. I bet if you double teamed him then nobody else has the skills to step up.

13. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Osgood would be P1ssed. :icon_rofl:

14. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    Their history does not exactly scare me: Matt Jones and Reggie Williams are not knocking on the door of the Hall of Fame as much as they are the walk-in rehab. clinic.

15. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Osgood's new deal pays him $3 million this year, a lot more based on receptions

Posted by Mike Florio on March 6, 2010 6:11 PM ET
    As Rosenthal posted a little while ago, Kassim Osgood is the newest member of the Jaguars.

His contract pays him well as a special-teamer; even better if he becomes a successful receiver.

Per a league source, Osgood received a signing bonus of $2.2 million. He has a guaranteed base salary in 2010 of $775,000, along with a $25,000 workout bonus.

Next year, his base climbs to $1.475 million, with another $25,000 workout bonus.

Then, in 2012, he'll receive a base salary of $2.175 million and another $25,000 workout bonus.

So the base value of the deal is $6.675 million, with $2.975 million guaranteed.

Here's the kicker -- he can make a lot more if he becomes a competent pass-catcher.

Each year, he's eligible for up to $1.3 million in incentives based on receptions. For 40, he gets $200,000. With 10 more, he gets another $400,000. Another 10? He gets $700,000 more, for a total of 1.3 million.

He also is eligible for an annual Pro Bowl bonus of $100,000, regardless of whether he makes it as a special-teams player or as a receiver.

It's unclear whether Osgood will become a competent wideout. For whatever reason, the Chargers never gave him much of a chance.

As we might soon find out, it might have been because he can't catch. Either way, he's got 3.9 millions to try.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ion-this-year-a-lot-more-based-on-receptions/

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Good for him. I hope he finds what he's looking for, a legit shot at being a starting WR in the NFL.

17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    The Jags can't even put butts in the seats and they give Osgood THIS kind of money to be WR? :lol:

18. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Once they draft Tebow, their seats will all be filled. Think about it. 1)They need a QB of the future because Garrard wont last for much longer
    2) Tebow's hometown is Jacksonville and i'm sure there are many fans of his there
    3)Almost everybody who follows college ball knows who he is and wants to see him play in the NFL.
    Jacksonville will grab him in round 2 or 3 guaranteed. Maybe not to start at QB right away but to fill seats and to have a potential starting QB once Garrard leaves (IMO he is better than Garrard). Hell they might even switch to the spread offense with all the crappy receivers they have. Then Tebow will really shine

19. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Tebow? While that would be popular locally, I don't see Tebow making that much of an impact in the NFL. He's a run first QB. Hell, he even had the head coach of a Canadian team come down and help him change his throwing style. If he had to do that NOW, this late in the game, I surely don't see him as a 2nd round pick.

20. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    yea but you can't deny he'd earn his paycheck by filling seats at least. They could try develop him and keep him as a backup until he's ready. You never know

21. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Time will tell if Osgood's move will prove benefical for his career. It sure it will be good for his bank account. In all reality he made a smart move with this contract. I wish him the best and will miss him. I think we play the Jaggs in SD this season. I wonder if he will jump up in the stands by Field Section 12?

He is now the enemy. :icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    But waste a 2nd or 3rd round pick just to develop him later? Don't see that happening.

23. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,419
    This is fine and dandy but you forgot to mention who they're going to draft that can be a "QB of the future".

24. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I think Tebow is gonna surprise alot of people and wind up being a pretty good NFL player.

Dude works hard and I would never bet against him.

25. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    why draft tebow if the team is moving to LA in a year anyway? :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    That would be a big surprise. If I were them, I'd wait for the fourth round. I wouldn't draft unless I had an established QB with a few years left in him and had time to bring Tebow along slowly. If he is just starting to work on a new throwing motion, his rookie year could be a rough one.

27. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    THIS!

Last I heard, the Jags season ticket holder count was around 25,000. They only sold out 1 game last season. And Tebow, who won't be ready to play for at least a season (or 2) after he's been drafted, is supposed to sell out that stadium? :lol:

28. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    The trend will continue too....

29. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Good luck KO.

30. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Farewell Kassim. Treat the Colts well, you got 2 games now.

Think our special teamers will close the gap, you're leaving has opened.:tup: