1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kassim Osgood on the Bubble Next Year?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Retired Catholic, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I can't help but think Kassim is on the bubble with Chambers in town and Parker due back next season. Since he obviously knows how to attack guys who have the ball, I wonder if he should be tried at DB before we say good bye-if he is to go. Doesn't seem to be that tough a transition for a guy like him.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I'm thinking strong safety. Minimize the requirement for covering man to man, and let him rip.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Kassim a SS? :icon_rofl:

Kassim is one of my favorite players and he came up with yet another great day of special teams play. There's a few other guys (Polk) I'd rather see cut b4 Kassim.

4. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Mine too, but he needs a roster spot somewhere besides just special teams. Not enough roster spots next year to carry him-if he goes and not Malcolm or someone else.

5. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    The guy was a God again on special teams. No way they move him.

Scifres and Osgood were playing catch all day long. I think both those guys should get game balls.

I have an even deeper appreciation for the guy now. He never was a receiver, he never will be one. But you make a roster spot for him as he saves us 60-80 yards a game field position-wise.

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I don't care if they list him as our 4th string nose tackle... I want Osgood on the roster. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Even though he's listed as a WR, he's on the team only for ST and he's great at it, so he stays

As for the WRs?

#1 Chambers
    #2 VJ
    #3 Buster
    #4 Parker
    #5 Floyd

(4 and 5 interchangable with maybe one of them gone next year)

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Osgood is nowhere near the bubble. He's a special teams demon, even if he does nothing else. Week in and week out, the guy gets double teamed on coverage units and still makes plays.

Osgood is the best special teamer in the game. There will always be room on the roster for him.

9. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Then we have nothing to lose but a non-receiver and when Flo goes we have a spot open in the back four and there is no risk to letting him have a go at SS, perhaps? He could be very intimidating if it works. I don't want to see him gone either. If they are going to keep him anyway, it is a no lose attempt. He'd be a great situational sub if he can handle the position.

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I think we have a glut of LBs right now. I would be okay with sacrificing pretty much any of our back up LBs for Osgood. We could also stand to shave off a CB (but like you said, D Flo will already be leaving an open spot).

11. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I think he'll be okay since VJ and Buster have already been proclaimed as busts. :lol:

12. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Wasn't Cromartie a "bust" a few weeks ago? We need a way to keep track of bust status ....

13. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Yesterday, there were two returns that I saw Oz single-handedly destroy. Beautiful special teams plays where he fought through two blockers and took down the returner with authority.

The man is our Special Teams ace. He's our Devin Hester of coverage. Fans may not value that, but coaches and fellow players do, and that's why he went to the Pro Bowl.

He will be a Charger as long as he wants to be one.

14. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Well .... at least through the 2009 season.

15. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Mighty friendly cap numbers there...

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I know, I seen three returns he took out yesterday. He has a nose for the ball so if he can't catch the damn thing let him chase it.:bolt::tup:

17. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Yeah, but we don't know if there are any other bonuses not listed there.

18. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Parker's cap numbers are getting quite high for the WR fold. He's only outdone by Chambers.

19. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Dont worry, Osgood will be safe

If they need to get rid of someone, it will be the undersized $2mil 5th string WR with no improvement potential

20. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I think Osgood is a gamer, and better at his job than most in the league, got him to Hawaii. Twice he went through Texans and made huge stops, even in the NE game when we were ****** he was on point and had that dope strip, so he is safe as well he should be.