1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

KC picks up Chambers off waivers...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sydalish, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    per Schefter on Twitter.

See you in a couple week Chris ;)

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Good for Chris & now KC can pick up the tab. :tup:

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Good on Chambers, I thank him for his service in Dego and would've like to see it work out for him.

4. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Chambers is a sick reciever and granted M80 has been on point but when we dump chambers over bust davis it's no more than another ****** decision by AJ, why not admit davis was a ****** draft pick and cut him to free up room?

I hate the way we treat veterans, and AJ is a egotistical prick that puts his ego ahead of the teams best interests. Granted he has done good with this team but good ain't good enough!

We are still going to destroy the chiefs but chambers will toast sd for at least 100 yards and a td or two, so be it. This will be another monumentally stupid call on AJ's behalf, can't wait to see what trash he signs.

At this point screw everyone who disagrees I'd take Norv over AJ. This is a what have you done for me lately leauge and I'm over AJ acting so high and mighty when he never has and never will lead a team to greatness.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Fanboy. :icon_tease:

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I don't think that's really fair nor relevant to this situation. Chambers is still going to cash $4 mil whether he plays another snap or not, isn't he? AJ has rewarded a lot of quality veterans with extensions (including Chambers). Hardly seems like poor treatment to me... :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Besides, Chambers this season has done hardly anything for the team. The team needs to get some defensive or ST help, maybe they havent give up on Buster yet. The issue is, AJ did what he was supposed to do, make moves he and the staff believe make the Chargers better.

8. JUGGERNAUT

JUGGERNAUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Do you guys remember Vincent Jacksons first couple of seasons? Remember how he couldn't hold on to the damned ball caught with his chest and always heard the footsteps?

That's why I started to affectionately refer to him as Vajayjay.

Buster has been hurt a lot, but he is still young, he is signed for a few more years, and he is still pretty damned cheap.

Maybe, hopefully, he turns it around. Who the hell knows, but cutting him is stupid. Who are you gonna replace him with? Some other unkown? Great.

9. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I like that Chris will get two shots at Denver, and only one vs. us for 2009!!! His off the field issues were effecting his play, hopefully he will block that stuff out the rest of the way and get another contract.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Juuuust what alot of us were hoping to avoid. Don't want him to come back to San Diego and rip it up

11. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    KC needed a vetern reciever for Cassel, and Todd Haley knew that. I understand the move by KC, but it was reported on ESPN monday night that it was going to be the Ravens, or the Dolphins who pick him up.

Poor Chris, loses his starting job on the Bolts, and gets to go to the 1-6 KC Cheifs.

I hope he does well the rest of the year (but not against us in a couple of weeks) :tdown:

12. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Just watch, he's going to school Cromartie. He'll have 7 catches for 150 years and 2 tds. But in a losing effort.

Oh and where's our damn ST/LB help? AJ you there?

13. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :tup:

14. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Chiefs hope Chambers is the answer at receiver

November 3, 2009 4:20 PM
    Posted by ESPN.com’s Bill Williamson

The Kansas City Chiefs latest search for a productive veteran wide receiver began in San Diego on Monday.

The Chargers surprised the league by cutting veteran receiver Chris Chambers, one day after he was demoted as a starter after a sluggish start to the season. Because of a healthy contract, Chambers, 31, was only expected to garner waiver interest from a contender. But the odds were on him becoming a free agent.

Yet, Kansas City, near the top of the waiver priority list thanks to their 1-6 record, jumped at the chance to add Chambers. Looking at the recent history of the Chiefs, it's not a surprise the team added Chambers, who until a year or so ago was considered one of the better possession receivers in the league.

Under new general manager Scott Pioli and new coach Todd Haley, the team has marched several veteran receivers into town, including Amani Toomer, Ashley Lelie, Bobby Engram and Bobby Wade, in recent months. Only Wade and Engram remain on the roster.

Chambers is probably the best of Kansas City’s veteran receiver additions. While he has lost speed, he should be decent No. 2 receiver to Dwayne Bowe and give quarterback Matt Cassel some much-needed help.

A change of scenery from San Diego could serve Chambers well. Chambers believes he may have been cut partly because of a personal issue. If he can regain some of his ability, this will be a good move for the Chiefs. At the very least, he’ll be in the Chiefs’ rotation.

The Chargers also will benefit from Kansas City claiming Chambers, who’ll be a free agent at the end of the season. The Chiefs have taken on the remaining portion of Chambers’ $4.55 million salary by claiming him. San Diego would have been on the hook for the salary had Chambers not been claimed.

15. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
  16. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Glade he got snagged off waivers though, now we're completely clear of his contract.

17. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    In the bigger picture I can see your guys' point as to the fact that he is still going to be paid... but really the personal issues are BS. He never was suspended or in trouble and Chambers has always been a stand up guy.

I honestly just don't trust AJ anymore; he is too full of himself he built up a pretender and made no moves to really bolster this squad.... where is the help some scrub off the practice squad; lol yeah we are really going to be better off cutting Chambers for rookie linebacker James Holt from the practice squad? :icon_rofl:eek:ur Ray Lewis? COME ON NOW; YOU GUYS BUYING THIS CRAP?

**** AJ. He gets rid of the guys that give this team heart and soul and replaces them with little fruits. I personally don't like it.
    Seymor and Dawkins and Cassel all found their ways onto teams that are not even close to being contenders. I commend all those squads for still trying! We did nothing! Didn't sign anyone and are supposed to get better? Didn't land them, didn't make any moves. Weak.

I have faith in the players and the coaching even, not the management. No one cares about my or any of our *****ing the chargers are a business I'm not happy with the product they put forth, Just dropped like 750 bucks to go to the oakland game; after this stupid *** decision I won't be spending another cent on the Chargers organization this year.

If the chargers don't ever get a ring they are entertaining and I'll always enjoy following them but for as little as I care if they win a championship AJ and management cares less; don't listen to the words look at the actions or lack there of.

18. kf3ig

kf3ig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    The guy stinks anyways. Floyd's a bigger WR and a better threat. The Chargers probably have 2 of the tallest WR now :lol:

19. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    KC has no offensive line, no running game, no defense, and an average at best QB.......so they sign a 31yr old injury prone WR in a system that couldn't be more different from ours. I think the chances that this comes back to bite us is ZERO, not even worth talking about.

As far as depth at WR position I'm not worried about that either. Naanee and Floyd deserve the #2 and #3 roles, and Gates is pretty much a WR himself. Its also time for Buster to prove he's worth anything or is he just going to let his football carrer end.

Salary cap wise it makes complete sense, it gives us more room to adjust to our injury issues. In fact I'm a little pissed it didn't happen before the trade deadline, cap reasons could be a huge reason why we didn't make any moves for any legit players.

• Like Like x 1
  20. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Chambers is gone because Floyd is a better WR than Chambers is, its that simple. We needed to make a move because of Dobbins injury and having Chambers was a luxury we no longer could afford. Its that simple to me.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    CC didn't stink - he played pretty damn well when we needed help on our WR corps.

But hey - don't let me stop you from making a stupid remark. :no:

22. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

yeah, cause us old guys know what stupid remarks look like!!!

:icon_tease:

23. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    Only until you get into the second level.

24. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    What a bunch of crap. AJ has assembled a better team than we've had in SD in 20+ years. You might not like his personality or his draft first approach, but we are the 3 time defending division champs for Christ's sake. To say that AJ does not care about winning is garbage. That's how you measure the job of a GM. Wins and losses. And AJ is nothing if not competitive.

As for "doing nothing" to get better, the whole reason we got Chambers in the first place is that AJ pulled off a trade at the deadline for him. That was a gutsy move, and greatly helped our team in '07. It's too bad that Chambers production has dropped off to next to nothing, and that his personal problems were a distraction. You might not like this move, fine. I can understand why you would be disappointed. But stop being such a drama queen. AJ and the Spanoses care about winning. Are they perfect in their approach? Of course not, nobody is. But they have proven they care.

• Like Like x 1
  25. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Bearded Lady. :icon_tease:

Just kidding yeah yeah I was ranting and raving, whateva go chargers!:icon_toast:

26. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I liked the move back in 07, Loved it, he knew we needed to do something and did it. That was then this is now. Dude we were the least ****** team in the afc west last year. Don't get me wrong I love that we got in but really any team that wins the same amount as they lose has no business being called champs. Granted the steelers didn't but they have way better results out of the draft.

That was a great move then where is the great move now, what you really would rather have AJ pick another frail skills player next year with the first round draft pick or have grabbed Seymour? Almost all the teams that win championships make moves, I feel bad for our squad as they could totally use the boost, the boost moss gave NE the boost Burress gave NY.

The broncos fell apart, they are ahead again this year and we maybe should have done more to close the gap is all. I am confident the steelers will lift thier skirts just like the ravens did.

I think that things are clicking, I understand that M80 has been excellent and earned the spot, I'm not really arguing that, love me some M80. Davis on the other hand should have been canned not Chambers, Wait till we play KC and he makes some incredible catches to back my point.

As for being a drama queen, that's just your lowly opinion, no worries there I've been called worst things by better people.

27. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Perfect sense. Makes no difference where he goes, here he had become a waste of money. He worked well as a retreaded spare tire, but he had gone flat. If a change of scenery helps him get his game back, good on him, but it was clear his head was not on the field in San Diego.

28. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    This is a more reasonable post than your last, "PHuuuuckkkk! Management doesn't care about winning" nonsense. Like I said, I don't think AJ's approach is perfect, but I think he cares greatly about getting a ring. No way that guy wants to lose. Ever. I think there is more to this Chambers story than we know. If you look at the other guys AJ has dumped abruptly in the middle of the season (i.e. Fonoti) there are usually valid reasons that come out later. AJ never gets props for respecting his players, but I give him some here. He had an opportunity to air Chambers' dirty laundry, and he passed.

29. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I sincerely hope that there is a method to AJ's madness and we end up with a ring to show for it. You are right this is the best most complete squad we have had in decades so time to put the pedal to the medal.

I just want us to be complete with no holes and completely heartless like the patsies were on thier undefeated romp through the regular season. "Oh we are up by 45 with 3 mins left? Lets go for the touchdown, 2 point conversion, and onside kick" that was terrific, we need to start sending a message to the nfl! If anything this team needed a couple vets in the linebacking core and Oline... Hopefully he grabs some reinforcements for the long haul

30. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I don't think there's any reason to disrespect your opponent and the game by running up the score on someone. The Pats got what they deserved. A bunch of fat wins and a loss in the Super Bowl. The argument for running up the score was to intimidate your opponents. Well, I think the opposite happened. The Pats started to believe their own hype.