1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

KC's O line and D line in trouble

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sd-local, May 1, 2007.

1. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    So we all know about the chiefs o-line going downhill fast but today their Dline also takes a shot.

They traded DT Ryan Sims, sixth overall pick to the bucs for an undisclosed pick and right out released Eric Hicks, two starters gone and Allen suspended for 4 games. Good news it seems

• Like Like x 1
  2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

Their D-Backs must be hitting the happy hours real regular like. Trent and Larry must leaving a trail of bricks. Green may have to retire out of fear of more concussions.

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Green may demand to be traded to the Dolphins for a simple 7th rounder. Anything to get the hell out of K.C.

:lol:

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I'm so glad we play them week 4 before they have Allen back. BONUS!!!!

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Hermanball.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    They are RACING into rebuilding mode. I mean, I know they were getting old for the last few years, but Jesus. Their season is over before it even began.

:lol:

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    now if only Shane Olivea could block freakin Tamba Hali

btw in all honesty both players the Chiefs got rid of were real POS'es and barely worth the cap space.

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Yeah, but the problem is they don't have anyone better to replace the jettisoned pieces of ****.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I recall Shammy saying last year that the Ty Law signing would begin killing the Chiefs capwise, right about this time.

Guess what? :yes:

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    They sound like a candidate for a top 3 draft choice. Their only soft teams are Detroit and Houston. Even the Raiduhs might sweep them. Even Detroit will be improved a bit. They drafted one guard in round 6. UDFA's may figure prominently on their roster.

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Anyone who thinks Shane Olivea is worthy will get some "special sauce" in their burrito. :icon_eek: :icon_twisted:

Just let me know at the tailgaters who the fuc you are and I will take care of the rest. :yes: :icon_eek:

12. LIGHTS-OUT

LIGHTS-OUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Sims proved to be as useful as a screen door on a submarine. KC is without a doubt pressing the red panic button. The chefs are obviously salvaging what the can out of this waste of oxygen known as Ryan Sims and I can applaud that effort.

You still can't descredit them as a doormat for the upcoming season however, no matter who they pawn off. Case and point, who would have thought Damon Haurd would have energized the Chiefs when Green got owned .

They'll keep it honest when we visit them at their house this year, you can bank on that.

13. chiefsgal

chiefsgal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +443

and good bye to them both.....:icon_toast: I still can't believe we got anything for sims....:icon_huh:

14. chiefsgal

Ratings:
    +443
    We couldn't FIX everything this offseason, so we 'finished' the front 7 build. You need to be dominant somewhere, and it appears that KC has decided the front four (and LB corps as well) is job #1.

We plugged holes on the o-line with MacIntosh and hopefully Terry. Welbourne should be serviceable at G. Still not what we'd like to have, but we should be better than last year.

We got a potential #1 WR. We improved our kicking game. What the hell do people want in one offseason?

We've gotten dramatically younger at every level. Our front four should finally be dominant. Our LB corps is now ideally suited for a cover 2 defense. Out with the older safeties, in with the younger, fast, meaner Pollard/Page.:yes:

Croyle (I really think the job is his to lose with the AFCW being the division of young QB's) still has Gonzales and has been given a new WR to play with. The line should be somewhat better.

15. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    You really want Croyle as the starter, not Damon Huard?

Hmmm.....

Come to think of it.... so do I !!! :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    D-Mac has had arguably the NFL's best OL coach since 2003 (2002?) in Hudson Houck. If HH couldn't fix that mess, what makes you think he's going to improve with KC's OL coach?

Dude is good for two false starts and a holding penalty per game.

Describing D-Mac as a "journeyman" would be a complement to him. He fuggin' sucks.

17. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    That's why I want him as the KC starter. :lol:

18. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Is she talking about DAMIAN MacIntosh? ?!?!cheifsgal, you can't be serious?!?!?

:icon_rofl:

19. chiefsgal

Ratings:
    +443

the starting QB job is up for grabs...even crybaby(I'm still the best) trent can try for it...what you don't seem to understand is, from where I am sitting and from where I have been, almost anything is better then what we had.....:icon_shrug: Go Chiefs!!:yes:

20. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Yep. KC signed him as a FA in Mar/Apr ...... He's going to play left tackle. :lol:

21. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    OMG. Huard is dead by week 4.

:icon_rofl:

22. chiefsgal

Ratings:
    +443

is he going to be worse then Black.....I don't know, so let's find out..:icon_shrug:

23. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Yep ..... then 'Bama Croyle will be Lights Out by the 4th quarter of week 4.

:abq2: :lol: :abq1:

24. chiefsgal

Ratings:
    +443

I'm biting my tongue and thinking maybe I should limit my posting to the lounge....:icon_huh:

25. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I hope you enjoy false starts and seeing your QB on his *** all day.

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    We have a history with DMac, Darlin...we had high hopes that were dashed early on. Nothing has happened since to change that.

But, good luck...the Chief QB's are gonna need it :yes:

27. Prito James

Prito James BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    I'll take two!:yes:

28. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    no I think most of us understand. ever hear of Ryan Leaf?:icon_sad:

29. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Darling we just KNOW McINtosh. This is teh same guy that in the first game in 2003 against your Chiefs gave up 3.5 sacks to Vonnie Holliday who looked like he was going to have a 20 sack season based on that one game. I'm sure you remember that game (first game of that incredible 2003 season where you won like your first 12-13 games). Trust me, D-Mac hasnt' changed and while he's a very talented run blocker, he's very slow, he's much older and he doesn't have the great ability to pass block.

You can defend it all you want but all of us who saw McIntosh for so many years are basically looking forward to seeing McIntosh do what he does best and Merriman and Castillo turning Huard into roadkill