1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Keiser arrested in Gaslamp for assault & battery

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,455
    Chargers player arrested in Gaslamp
    [​IMG]
    Chargers linebacker Thomas Keiser

SAN DIEGO — Chargers linebacker Thomas Keiser was arrested on suspicion of assault and battery at a Gaslamp Quarter restaurant and bar on Sunday, Sheriff’s Department arrest records show.

San Diego police have not released details of the incident that led to the 24-year-old’s arrest at Barley Mash on Fifth Avenue after the Chargers beat the Kansas City Chiefs 27-24 in overtime to win a wild-card spot in the NFL playoffs. The restaurant's manager declined Monday night to comment.

Arrest records show Keiser’s bail was set at $8,000. He is no longer in jail, according to the sheriff's website, so he likely posted bail.

"We’re aware of the issue involving Thomas," the Chargers said Monday night in a statement. "We’ll continue to monitor the situation and let the legal process run its course."

Keiser was not available for comment, the team said.

He joined the Chargers in May and began the season on the practice squad. He was promoted to the 53-man roster in October, since appearing in 12 games with three starts. He has 17 tackles and one interception, his 4.5 sacks tied for the team lead.

Keiser, 24, went undrafted in 2011 following a college career at Stanford. The bulk of his NFL career has been with the Carolina Panthers.

He's under contract through the 2014 season.

On Sunday, Keiser had one tackle against the Chiefs. The overtime win clinched the team's first playoff berth since 2009. The Chargers will play the Bengals this Sunday in Cincinnati. Keiser is expected to play in the game.

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +491
    here we go again :(

3. Razma

Razma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100
    I hope more Tequila wasn't involved.

4. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    Ah well... it was bound to be somebody at some point. He's an FA at the end of the year, so if it was really him being a total idiot we can just let him walk.

5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Damn.

Well, "Innocent until proven guilty" I always say
    (when they're wearing bolts and/or are not Ray Lewis)

[EDIT: As more late night details trickle in, it's looking more like a run of the mill bar fight than Keiser going off on some innocent.
    I'm not making any assumptions, but we all know it's not uncommon for alcohol-lubricated bar patrons to feel compelled to show how
    tough they are vs. a pro athlete. Some say a heavy-lidded gentleman in a Vanderbilt "trucker" hat staggered towards Keiser,
    waving an almost-finished Cosmo around, and bleating: "I'm shhhum-one dammit…I'm important! You think yer all high and mighty,
    goin' to th' playoffshs, but playoffshs don' mean nuttin'! Hear me? Nuttin'!! Mine arhm..ish, ish, ish stronger than ol' horse-face's…
    c'mon, you big pushy…fight me! Ahl cut… luhr you sooooo bad…" After the drunk lunged at Keiser, bouncers appeared, and unknowingly
    assumed both men to be at fault. One bouncer needed to "Runt punt" (or something very like that) the underachieving instigator/attacker.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  6. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +310
    SAN DIEGO — The man that Chargers linebacker Thomas Keiser is accused of battering Sunday night is a bar employee, San Diego police said Tuesday.

Workers at barleymash on Fifth Avenue detained Keiser until officers got there. He was cooperative, police Officer Jim Johnson said.

The incident was reported about 10:50 p.m., hours after the Chargers beat the Kansas City Chiefs 27-24 to earn a wild-card spot in the NFL playoffs.

Johnson said the bar employee suffered minor injuries and refused treatment by paramedics. Keiser was not injured.

The employee placed Keiser under citizen’s arrest on a charge of misdemeanor battery, Johnson said. He said officers talked to witnesses to corroborate the victim’s statement, and the investigation was continuing.

Keiser was jailed, with bail set at $8,000, according to an arrest record. He later was released from jail.

An employee at barleymash said on Tuesday that the manager would have no comment about the matter.

The Chargers issued a statement Monday night that said, “We’re aware of the issue involving Thomas. We’ll continue to monitor the situation and let the legal process run its course.”

Keiser, 24, was not available for comment, the team said.

He joined the Chargers in May and began the season on the practice squad. He was promoted to the 53-man roster in October.

Keiser is expected to play in Sunday’s playoff game when the Chargers face the Bengals in Cincinnati.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/dec/31/cops-chargers-player-battered-bar-employee/

7. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,455
    I posted this last night, actually. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +310
    Oops...Sorry brutha.....didn't see it.....mods, please delete. :cool:

9. LT-Express