1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kerry Collins is a moron.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Jan 3, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
  2. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    at work, what did he say?

3. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
    Did Indianapolis Colts and Tennessee Titans coaches have an under-the-table agreement at the end of last Sunday's game?

Tennessee quarterback Kerry Collins said on WFAN Radio on Thursday that the Titans kneeled at the end of the game Sunday because they knew the Colts wouldn't call a timeout.

With Tennessee leading 16-10 and needing a victory to make the playoffs, the Titans had originally called a running play, Collins said. But the team changed to a kneeldown when he was told over his headset that the Colts wouldn't call a timeout, which would have possibly forced the Titans to punt with less than 20 seconds left in the game, Collins said.

"Apparently there was some communication between Jeff (Fisher) and Tony (Dungy)," Collins said on WFAN.

4. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
  5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    HOLY SHIIIIIIIT...

Recap: Kerry says that Fisher and Dungy agreed that the Colts would not call a time out at the end of that game last week. Basically saying they had "some communication" which resulted in Collins knowing in the huddle that they weren't going to have to hike the ball and punt. Tony didn't try to win the game.

Now it makes sense what I heard Tony say to Jeff (on Inside the NFL) when they shook hands at the end of their game: "Those guys don't want to play you" - meaning the Chargers are afraid of the Titans.

Kerry just sealed the fate of the titans. Fukkers backed in and were undoubtedly handed a gift.

Not saying the colts would have won the game, but they at least would have had one more shot to throw the ball up and make a play.

Nice dig SDB!!!

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Nice bulletin board material .. :yes:

7. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    What a fuqin tard, he says "He'd be speaking out of place" if he said anymore than "There was obviously some communication between fisher and dungy regarding the use of the last timeout, which is why we ran the ball".

Why isn't that speaking out of place? What the Fuq else could have possibly happened at the end of that game that would be more entriguing and drama filled than that?

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Collins will be looking for a job.

9. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
    I'll file that under "no ****" :lol:

When I first read the story on a Titans board I posted that "Kerry Collins couldn't be that stupid." I had to delete my post. :lol:

10. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    A gift? Do you really think with 20 seconds left that Jeff Sorgi was going to bring them back?

11. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    who cares? we play who we have to. we were in we didnt need them to lose to get in. who should be mad is the brownies.

12. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Exactly...who the hell cares who we play. Kill whoever shows up.:icon_evil:

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm saying that it eliminates, without a doubt, any question about whether or not Dungy was trying to win a football game. He packed it in. He prevented his team from having a "chance" to win. Not only that, but he let Fisher know well in advance that he was not going to try. That's a pretty nice "gift".

14. Charger Chick

Charger Chick Queen of LOL

Ratings:
    +124
    TK is gonna be :icon_eek:..
    I saw him mention other day no way did he think Dungy would ever not play to win till the very end. Someone else had mentioned he gave away the game at the end. Granted 20 seconds isn't much.. BUT.. that being said if it was us with 20 seconds, I'd be thinking we could do it. :yes: :D

15. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    :tup: Exactly! It really doesnt matter though what happened, Browns or Titans have to come to SD which means both get smashed! Wouldnt matter either would be going on the road, coming to SD playing the hottest team in football outside of NE! Please missing Bo Scaife, now Roydell Williams, and maybe VY?

SD-30 Tenn-10

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Aahhh - conspiracies!! :lol:

Fisher & Co. shouldn't even bother to unpack, their stay in SD will be short & not so sweet. :no:

Look out for the Charger train, running over an opposing team near you. :bolt:

17. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    As a Charger fan this doesn't affect me much. HOWEVER IF I was a Browns fan I'd be PIZZED!!!!!!!!!!!

I really feel bad for Goodall, first Pacman and Tank, then spygate, players getting arrested at an alarming rate, the NFL and cable companies arguing now this supposed "collusion". Looks like old Tags got out at the right time :lol:

The league looks to be out of control at sometimes, Goodall better get ahold of this here bull soon, before this multi-billion dollar empire goes the was of the Romans :yes:

18. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This little strategy(if it was one)looks to backfire. Not only are the Titans weakened, but our guys are going to be in grudge mode against the Colts if this becomes a cheap shot festival because the refs can't control the game.

19. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Chargers - 41

Titans - 0

.... and it won't even be that close .....

This has *** kicking blowout written all over it.

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    two games today suggest this will be a close fought playoff series

21. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Other teams have nothing to do with our game. Each game and each team is it's own event with it own circumstances and matchups.

Tennessee couldn't score very well AT HOME when they had all their skill position players healthy. Now take a look at their injury list and IR sheet.

Blowout.

22. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    :yes: