1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Acee Charger Updates

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    [​IMG]

@sdutChargersS.D. U-T Chargers

It's now official. English on IR. Tackle Steve Schilling signed off practice squad. Jordan Todman signed to PS.

[​IMG]

No Shaun Phillips, Kris Dielman or Mike Tolbert at practice ... Gates, Jackson, McNeill, Mathews are working.

[​IMG]

Floyd not practicing either.

[​IMG]

Possible not one of the Chargers six first-round picks from '05-09 will be on field Monday at KC: bit.ly/uC4k22

2. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    English to IR; practice squad switch
    Written by
    Kevin Acee

The expected ending of linebacker Larry English's season was made official Wednesday morning, as the Chargers placed him on injured reserve with a broken foot.

To replace him on the 53-man roster, the team signed rookie offensive tackle Steve Schilling from the practice squad.

Also as expected, running back Jordan Todman was signed to the practice squad, effectively taking Schilling's place.

English going to IR leaves the team with just two of its six first-round picks since 2005 on the roster. One of those players, defensive end Luis Castillo, is out at least another several weeks while recovering from a broken leg. The other, cornerback Antoine Cason, has all but lost his starting job.

English has missed nine of the Chargers' past 20 games and played just 140 snaps in that span.

A fracture in his foot suffered in training camp a year ago bothered English through the 2010 season's first month before he had surgery. After being inactive for six games, English returned to play in November but was inactive two of the final three games.

He had another surgery on the foot in March and was limited throughout training camp and the preseason.

He was inactive in the season opener and played mostly on passing downs in the next four games before being hurt after playing two snaps Sunday at New York. Asked Monday when English suffered the injury, Chargers head coach Norv Turner said he was not certain but was told early in the game that English was unavailable.

English, selected 16th overall in 2009, has seven sacks in 30 career games. He had two sacks Oct. 2 against Miami.

Todman was the first of the team's two sixth-round picks in 2011. He was on the 53-man roster until being released on Saturday to make room for running back Curtis Brinkley.

Schilling was the team's other sixth-round pick this year.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Thanks for playing English but your services are no longer required

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    [​IMG]

Marcus McNeill (neck) did not practice. He was just out watching.

[​IMG]

Philip Rivers used the word "promise" when he assured me he is healthy.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Did Rivers pinky swear with Acee?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401

As expected, center Colin Baxter back to SD practice squad tomorrow. Jets released him Mon., wanted him for their PS. Chargers better fit.

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    [​IMG]

Dielman, Floyd, Phillips and Tolbert not practicing.

8. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I LOVE AJ!

9. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    [​IMG]

Look for Darryl Gamble to play almost as much as he did in preseason. With SP out, Gamble better be as good as he was in preseason too.

[​IMG]

Floyd was limited ... Gates just resting, should play ... Norv's optimism re: S. Phillips is waning ... Also "not hopeful" re: Tolbert.

[​IMG]

I say Cason plays several snaps over rest of season, but doubt any will be at KC. I do think he'll return some punts when SD not backed up.

10. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Gamble. Looking for him to beast.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Time for guys to step it up or this season is gonna go upside down faster than a new home is SD Co.

12. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    [​IMG]

Castillo, Dielman, SP and Tolbert didn't practice. Everyone else was full.

[​IMG]

Tolbert doubtful; Floyd and Stuckey questionable; everyone else is probable. #chargers

13. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I'm betting Floyd will play, and Philips will get a few snaps before coming out :\

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Not much of a prognosticator, are you? ;)

[​IMG]

RT @kpat18: @sdutChargers even sp? > No. SP is out. That was an omission on the tweet. My bad. Already reported SP out.

15. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Shaun is out.. I was hoping to see Barnes and possible Gamble mix..

Glad to see Cason will NOT be out there.. I would like to see a mix though.. Cason is more of a zone corner Gilchrist is a physical corner so they should mix it up to me.. But back to Cason he is very good with Punts and Kick Returns as well should be exciting to see him..

its odd.. The Patriots played about 10-12 yards off as well today on the Steelers receivers.. I just don't get it! If the NFL gives you 5 yards to get physical with a receiver DO IT! You have to rough him up, get in his face, and possibly reroute the guy! its not rocket science..

Also if I see Tolbert in sweats and we only have Mathews and Brinkley as our back ups I will just give up on Norv.. Activate 3! Yes THREE.. TEE-ACH-RRR-EEE-EEE.. 3!!!!!!!! thats the number for this game lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    KC will certainly have their 3 RBs active.

17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    I'd give it to Baby Zilla on a draw up the gut. ;)

[​IMG]

18. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Im sure this is something that escaped everyone here as much it did me last week, cuz if you saw it you would be MORESO askin for some Trick plays from this offensive scheme.

Early in the third quarter, Kansas City extended its lead to 21-0. Following another dismal offensive effort from Oakland, Cassel led his team on a eight- play, 64-yard drive, and the Chiefs dialed up some trickery to get in for the score. On 3rd-and-1 from the Oakland seven, a direct snap went to Arenas, a defensive back, who scampered up the middle untouched for a seven-yard touchdown run and a 21-0 advantage.

Read more: http://www.modbee.com/2011/10/23/1916987/recap-oakland-vs-kansas-city.html#ixzz1cK1R191F

IF KC can pull out some trick plays we sure as hell can too!

19. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Well ****, I'm sorry.