1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Acee's best ever commentary....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Not a huge fan of KA, but this article was very well done. It seems that a lot of Chargers fans choose to remember LT as the guy at the end of his career from the last two years....and it's kind of a shame that how truly special he was for this franchise is forgotten by some and not known by others who just jumped onboard the fanbase over the last 3-5 years.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/10/1s10chargers/?imw=Y

2. SDDon

SDDon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I will say I have enjoyed LT's career here but over the last 3 years I don't like a few things that he has done. I will get over this feeling but for now he needs to just shut up and leave.

LIke Acee said though he is the greatest Charger RB EVER, period hands down.

3. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Lets just get something good in a trade for LT. And get a very good rb in the draft. Time stops for no one. Life goes on.

4. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Not so sure anyone is going to pay much for LT at this point. Unless, of course, they didn't watch any film from this season. Many people are pointing to our OL play and the lack of holes, but if you only look at plays when LT had running room it was obvious (at least to me) that he didn't have the same strength, burst or cutting ability.

File this under: sad, but true. :icon_cry:

• Like Like x 1
  5. SDDon

SDDon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    From what I have read, there aren't many teams interested in LT at all and that would be at a reduced salery if he was released.

I don't think a trade is in the cards at all. If a team traded for him they would be on the hook for the roster bonus of $2 Mill due early March and the ballance of this years contract of an additional $3 Mill. If they wait they can reduce that probally way down.

But if LT holds his ground about his value, I think it will be a long off-season for him that will lead to him calling it a career at some point. It is sad really, because based on what he had said he was happy and was enjoying this season and his role.

He is so sensitve to the media, first it was Sanders and now the local guys, he always said he wanted to go out on top and now look at this situation, it is just sad.

6. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    Reading between the lines...I think LT wants to move home to Texas and has been trying to engineer a move to the Texans.

After sitting out a period of time with no big offers pending...he will "reluctantly" sign with the Texans (which would have been the plan all along) to get on a a roster by the next season.

Texans will have an effective player that wil help them install a successful running system. Look for the texans to draft a running back as well and have LT mentor him.

If the Chargers Org were smart...when they re-structured LT's contract, they should have made clauses for LT to remain on the team to Mentor his replacement (getting paid to coach as well).

Who better to blood the next running back for us then a Charger Legend!

7. SDDon

SDDon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    It was not the Charger ORG that did something here, it was LT, after saying all season that he enjoyed his new role and was very happy, and this was not weeks ago but as recent as 3 weeks before the Jet Game, he also was seen getting excited on the sidelines, then he has a bad game against the Jets takes some heat from the local media and from some fans about why we kept LT around instead of going another direction. Allot of debate over should we keep him or let him go.

LT imploded and lashed out at everybody, media types, fans, Chargers both players and MGT. He says now he didn't like the way he was handled this year, he says he has a 1200 to 1400 yard season left in him. He won't take a pay cut to stay.

So LT made his bed, now he has to lie in it. He thnks he will get the money elsewhere and that he is still capable of being a feature back, THEN I SAY PROVE IT. But not here, this year was your chance, you don't bite that hand that feeds you.

IMO, his lack of production in the Jet Game other than the missed FG's was the biggest reason we lost that game.

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    He's being remembered as the guy of the last 2 years, because that's who he is right now. IMO after he retires and all that stuff he'll go back to being remembered for all the great years.

I still view him as a future HOF and the best Charger RB ever (one of the best Chargers ever, tough to beat out Fouts), but obviously his skills are diminishing. It's just the way it is.

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    2006 LT and OL = Super Bowl for us this year......:unsure:

10. SDDon

SDDon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    For me I remember him as one of the greatest Chargers EVER, and by far the best RB in franchise history right now. I enjoyed his career here as much as anyone else. I saw every home game in his entire career.

I am really upset about this 180 he has done since the Jet game. But I learned a long time ago to seperate the business side of football from the rest. And the right business move at this point is to re-tool the running game.

The big question mark is what happens with Sproles. Will he sign a long term deal for reasonable money or does he want to break the bank. These are answers we need before the draft gets here.

11. Shumway

Shumway BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    He really should look back to Marvin Harrison last year if his ego is telling him not to take a paycut. It sounds like the Texans may pick him up, but he could easily be waiting by the phone all year based on where he's really at.

I must admit that I've only really followed the NFL for about 5 years, so I've seen more of the 'bad LT' than the 'superstar LT' but I do look forward to him leaving the spotlight so we can look back to the good LT.

12. SDDon

SDDon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I think the Harrison example is a great one. If you have been a fan for 5 years then you must remember 2006. That was probally the greatest single season for a RB ever. Not the most yards but the TD's and the ability to run in the Red Zone, the consistancy, he ran inside and out, caught passes, HE WAS THE COMPLETE PACKAGE.

13. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +272
    LT is the best Charger I've ever seen. Acer's U-T article hits the nail on the head. He could carry this team when they had nothing else but him. The last few years I've been all over LT because his skills are slipping. I wanted the old LT not the one we've been seeing lately.

I'd put LT in the elite Charger company of Dan Fouts and Lance Alworth and let everyone else debate who's the best.

14. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    That's a very remarkable story Acee's written for LT.
    Looking at nine years of a superstar it's sad what will happen.
    But we should be glad having seen a HOFer after J. Seau.

As earlier post express, LT has turned his mind about the 2009season. That's his fault and brings some people to like him leave. Maybe the Houston Texans, who are a more pass oriented team than the bolts, will take him for less money.

But I would like to see that somehow LT could return to San Diego and get his ring running the 10th season.