1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Acee's Mailbag

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I don't know if any of you guys or girls ever post questions to Kevin's mailbag at the Trib online but he seems odd about the ones he chooses to post. I'm not sure if he shies away from controversy or what but I had one question answered over the entire course of the season. Just curious whether there's a method to his madness :lol:

2. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I've had about six answered.

He tends to try to select questions that represent what large groups of people are asking.

He ignores stuff that he's answered multiple times in the past.

He tends to post stuff that is thoughtful and insightful rather than knee-jerk. For example he wouldn't answer questions like "NORV SUCKS HE SHOULD BE FIRED!!!11!1", but would answer a question like "Is the problem with the current offensive scheme because of...[and then there would be a detailed analysis]."

Sometimes he gets a little sarcastic, but usually admits as much.

He answers questions more slowly during the off-season than during the season.

The best way to get a question answered is to be reasonable, well-thought out and insightful. And if he doesn't answer right away, keep asking it. He will get it eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    He doesn't answer my questions very often.

He has made comments in his blog the day after I sent him a question. Such as today. Yesterday I asked how come he was too stupid to make the connection between Drew Rosenhaus' client tactics and Osgood's coming out to the media.

Today, Acee mentions he didn't know Rosenhaus represented Osgood. That shows how little of a fact checker Acee is, and that he half asses almost everything he does.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It absolutely amazes me what passes for journalism today, & those that supposedly earn their living as journalists. It's not just the sports genre, but I won't go there in this thread. :lol:

As slipshod as Acee may be, he's better than many. Hell, he's better than most of the ESPN hacks, who purportedly are the cream of the crap - uh, I meant crop. :yes: