1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kevin Garnett traded to the Celtics

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by ChargerRay, Jul 30, 2007.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    The Celtics went from the worst team in the NBA to a playoff bound team with the combination of KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/07/30/garnett.celtics.ap/index.html

2. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    They are going to a monster in their horrible conference, I think that is going to be an awesome combo, they may be on their way to the playoffs if they can get some solid defenders on the court as well.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,593
    Amazing how one player can make such a big difference

4. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Does this mean that as a Celtic fan living in Laker country, I can finally not hang my head in shame when discussing my team? I became a huge Celtic fan when Larry Bird was playing and they have pretty much sucked since he retired many years ago. My buddies who are almost all Laker fans never get tired of rubbing it in.

5. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings:
    +288
    No, the Celts are still going to suck, but in the Eastern conference they will make the playoffs.

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    *yawn*

7. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Is there enough basketballs for Garnett, Pierce and Allen? :icon_rofl:

8. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Chispa reply to this man for me will you?

9. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    For what they gave up for him, he just might have to be the second coming of Michael Jordan for it to be good for the Celtics.

I dunno, this could easily wind up being the NBA equivalent of the Herschel Walker trade.

10. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Wassup man, you can't do it for yourself... you got something to say, g'head it's ok little guy, go ahead, you can do it. Be brave... .

• Like Like x 1
  11. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    yeah..it usually goes that way

12. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    In the NBA, where there's only 5 guys on the court per team at any given time, 1 player can change everything. I wanted Garnett for my Lakers since forever. Even as a Laker fan, he was one of my favorite players. I'm glad he's gonna be on a team that's gonna give him some help, he deserves it.

And to the poster that wonders if there's enough basketballs for everyone, I doubt it'll be a problem for Kevin Garnett. He will pass the ball to other players, and has a team-first attitude. With great scorers in Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, he can concentrate on being a terror on the boards, and posting up against the East's crappy frontlines (other than Chris Bosh and Dwight Howard). Good luck to him.

Now if only the Lakers could get Jermaine O'Neal, or ship out Kobe for boatloads of talent.

13. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I don't think the Lakers would ship out Kobe but we'll wait and see

14. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Not saying they would, but I don't think I would mind if he did get traded. Don't get me wrong, he still is the best player in the league, and I love when he singlehandedly wins games, but his attitude hurts the team, and if equal value in return for a trade could happen (doubt it), then I would root for it.

By the way, Shaq was/is my favorite player, so I might be a bit biased.

15. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Raptors > Celtics

Celtics have no true point guard and no center, their second unit is crap. Do they expect Allen and Pierce to log 40 minutes a night? Pierce is coming off an injury and Allen is injury prone. You don't win by putting together superstars, you win through team chemistry, depth and players that complement each other and can run a system.