1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Key Chargers not expected to play Sunday

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    ESPN

There are several key San Diego players who likely will not play against Washington in an essentially meaningless game for the Chargers.

Linebacker Shawne Merriman (foot), safety Eric Weddle (knee), receiver Legedu Naanee (foot) and fullback Jacob Hester (shoulder) are all listed as doubtful on the injury report. Receiver Vincent Jackson (achilles) is questionable.

Don’t expect much from those players. San Diego has already clinched the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye in the AFC playoffs.

By Bill Williamson

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I want to know what's up with VJack. This better not be serious.

3. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    If he is questionable in a game that has absolutely no meaning, chances are that it is nothing.

4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Yeah but this is the first time all year he's missed a practice because of an "achilles" injury. Which means its a new injury, and possibly a nagging one.

I remember at the end of the 2006 season going into the playoffs Philip Rivers was hobbled during practice with a foot injury. Nothing more was disclosed until he broke the news after the playoff loss that it was a broken bone in his foot, and that he probably wouldn't have been able to play the next week anyway.

I'm just sayin, It wouldn't be the first time we've been absolutely ****ed by injuries in the playoffs. I'm starting to get paranoid.:lol:

5. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Keep your head up. This is the healthiest the Chargers have been going into the playoffs. Two bye weeks is going to help a ton.

6. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Injury report
    1-2-2010

Outside linebacker Shawne Merriman (foot), safety Eric Weddle (knee), receiver Legedu Naanee (foot) and running back Jacob Hester (shoulder), none of whom practiced yesterday, are listed as doubtful for the finale. Listed as questionable are defensive lineman Jacques Cesaire (elbow) and wide receiver Vincent Jackson (ankle), the latter of whom didn’t go through drills yesterday.

7. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    “He’s come up with a little bit of tendinitis in the ankle,” Turner said. “He’s been managing it, but it’s flared up a little bit more.”

Any time Jackson might miss tomorrow could go to wideout Buster Davis, the first-round draft choice of 2007 who has been fading out of the picture with the Chargers the past couple of seasons, partially because of a groin injury. Turner said Davis will be activated for the first time this season tomorrow.

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

In 2006, Rivers suffered that injury in the final game of the season.

9. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Hopefully Buster shows his skills. Looks like he'll get a lot of PT.

10. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    What a Buster Davis sighting? :icon_eek:

11. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Gee wiz...it'd be nice to get Gartrell Johnson a few carries.:confused: oops. Kinda got burned on that one, Giants are playing him in place of Jacobs this week. At least theres something to develop there rather than Michael Bennett who's going to turn 33 soon.

I'd like to see Tyronne Greene do something, Antoine Cason, and John Runyan.

12. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    My main hope is to see Buster break out with a 100 yard game, some shorter routes as well as a Volek BOMB or two!!!!

It would be nice to see Bennett have a decent day, so I can have confidence in our run blocking going forward. Specifically, Runyon and Dumbo both need serious PT to gear up for the playoffs. Dumbo should pick up for big Mack at LT, and I wanna see them GRADE!!!