1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kicking Coach?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Jan 25, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    The Saints kept Carney around to coach up Hartley instead of cutting him this season. I am sure that he will not be around next season for them. Why not bring Carney in next season as a kicking coach? What could it hurt? :icon_shrug:

2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Carney may still be able to hit a 46 yarder, sign him up AJ.

3. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Didn't he blow a last second extra point a few years ago that cost the Saints a game and ended their shot at making the playoffs?

4. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    They scored on a crazy play with laterals and **** and would've tied it with the extra point and he blew it. I think they mightve made the playoffs had they won

5. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    might not be the right guy to be counseling Nate.

6. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Yeah, that would be like hiring Jack Kevorkian to work as a counselor at a suicide-crisis center...

Pointy :icon_twisted:

• Like Like x 1
  7. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Ok I thought I would try it the nice way first. Anyone want to go to the probowl and taunt him with wide right signs?

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Cause that will TOTALLY help him get his mind right :lol:

I do kinda like the idea of Carney coming back, he's been around a looooong time and while he's had some misses he's also had success coming back from them afterwards... IIRC he did well with the Giants and kicked in post-season w/them right?

9. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    I remember carney as a charger and he wasn't a bad kicker but he wasn't as good as nate. Although we didn't make the playoffs with him since I started watching as a kid in 1997

10. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Excellent idea. I never even thought of that. Teams have RB, QB coaches. Why not a get a coach for a kicker who chokes when the game is on the line. Carney is a great kicker, and would be a great coach. :tup:

11. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Nate should not go to the Pro Bowl. Go see a shrink Nate.

12. kickingworld

kickingworld BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Being a Private Kicking Coach and former 1st Team All-American Kicker, I feel really bad for Nate Kaeding. It's such a shame that he made 69 consecutive field goals inside 40 yards and then tanks big time in the Jets game. To his credit, he's made himself available to everyone in the media and has not ducked away from the attention. He took ownership over the mistakes and apologized to the team, organization, and fans. I hope he can get out the mental jinx and fix whatever is killing him in the playoffs!

I coach private kicking lessons in San Diego and Orange County and conduct kicking camps. So if anyone of you guys want to try to be a kicker and play for the Chargers haha look up our website: http://www.kickingworld.com

Coach Brent
    Kicking World