1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kind of like '94

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Mid-west Chargers fan, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Mid-west Chargers fan

Mid-west Chargers fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I was thinking today as I was heading to a customer account that the Playoff run this year is strangely like the 1994 Playoff run.

This year all the talking heads are not giving the NFC much of a chance and saying that the team that represents the AFC in the Superbowl will probably win.

I remember in '94 during the week leading up to the Conference Championships the media was labeling the NFC Championship :)cbturn: vs. :9ersturn:) as "The Real Superbowl". I took offense to that as a Charger fan. Well, we all know how that turned out!

I'm just kind of hoping that we see a repeat of the prognostications when the Chargers :bolt2: go to Miami (after winning "The Real Superbowl") to face whichever NFC sacrificial lamb is selected.

2. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    The only difference i feel that doesnt make this run feel like the 94' run is the 14-2 record. We are so much more dominate...and im sure thats what you meant.

also, the city seemed to be in more of a buzz than this year. Actually, maybe thats because we havent won a playoff game yet, im sure it will get there.

im rambling though, and prolly making no sense. sorry

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    minus WR, QB and maybe CB depending, we are superior in every area to the 94 team

4. Mid-west Chargers fan

Mid-west Chargers fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Sorry, I probably didn't make myself clear.

I was comparing the 2 conferences and how the media was annointing the NFC before the conference championship games in '94. The media seems to be declaring the AFC (this year) as the eventual winner before anything is determined.

As far as the Chargers go this years team is by far, a more superior team (from top to bottom) than the '94 team.

While Rivers has "It", Humphries was a more "seasoned" pro QB. Thats the only "edge" I would give to the '94 team. :unsure: Please don't misunderstand me, I love P.R. as our QB and would take him over anybody any day. He just hasn't seen the big stage (NFL playoffs or SB) yet. I can't wait to see how he handles himself. :tup:

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    No way. This team shits all over '94.

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Can't think of a better year than 2007 for the chargers to win a super bowl. The next two games are gonna be tough. Lets win that afc championship and then the big one.:yes: :bolt: