1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

King Dunlap signs 4 year deal

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Feb 20, 2015.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I hope this does not produce a Butler-esque year to follow...

3. Razma

Razma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115
    I feel good with 4/28 at his production but ya I'm always gonna be scared of a Butler-esque year on new deals now.

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    First offseason domino falls.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Re-signing Dunlap was our highest priority, and I’m glad it’s done & taken care of. I feel that Brandon Flowers should be the next one locked up, hopefully before free agency even begins.

After that, I feel we need to keep Eddie Royal in the fold, and perhaps sign a veteran free agent lineman when the opportunity arises.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,024
    Not quite about the analogy!

7. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    He's a virtual monster wall....if he stays focused....it had to be done.........

8. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Yes! Clenches fist.

I guess combine bench numbers didn't impress.

9. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    It's good to be the King...

goodkng2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    He was 1a with Flowers being 1b. He might have been the best diamond in the rough find of the last few years in Chargers football and has been a damn good LT ever since being picked up. I had hoped he would come cheaper but I can't disagree too much with a very good LT getting 7 mil. The OL has 3/5 set, just gotta get either LG/C figured out and then get a RT (Clemmings or Collins or even Donovan Smith)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Montrose

Montrose BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    Nothing can stop us now.....:whistling:

Nah seriously this is great news. Fully deserved for the big fella.

12. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
  13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Contract numbers for King Dunlap

SAN DIEGO -- According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan, San Diego Chargers left tackle King Dunlap re-signed with the team, receiving a four-year, $28 million deal.

The contract included $13 million in guaranteed money. Dunlap will make $9 million in total compensation in 2015, and $14 million in the first two years of the deal.

"I'm very excited and I love being a Charger," Dunlap told the team's web site. "I love the guys on this team. It's a great city and a great place, so I'm very excited to be back. It was very important to get it done early and out of the way.

"It means a lot knowing how much this team values me. Hearing what my coaches and teammates have said means a lot as both a player and a person. It motivates me to play hard to the best of my ability. I've been working hard every year, and I'm going to work even harder to prove the contract I just got."