1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

King Dunlap signs 4 year deal

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Feb 20, 2015.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,055
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,227
    I hope this does not produce a Butler-esque year to follow...

3. Razma

Razma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115
    I feel good with 4/28 at his production but ya I'm always gonna be scared of a Butler-esque year on new deals now.

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,606
    First offseason domino falls.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Betrayed Bolt Supporter

Ratings:
    +382
    Re-signing Dunlap was our highest priority, and I’m glad it’s done & taken care of. I feel that Brandon Flowers should be the next one locked up, hopefully before free agency even begins.

After that, I feel we need to keep Eddie Royal in the fold, and perhaps sign a veteran free agent lineman when the opportunity arises.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,103
    Not quite about the analogy!

7. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +547
    He's a virtual monster wall....if he stays focused....it had to be done.........

8. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +383
    Yes! Clenches fist.

I guess combine bench numbers didn't impress.

9. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,928
    It's good to be the King...

goodkng2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,055
    He was 1a with Flowers being 1b. He might have been the best diamond in the rough find of the last few years in Chargers football and has been a damn good LT ever since being picked up. I had hoped he would come cheaper but I can't disagree too much with a very good LT getting 7 mil. The OL has 3/5 set, just gotta get either LG/C figured out and then get a RT (Clemmings or Collins or even Donovan Smith)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Montrose

Montrose BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +230
    Nothing can stop us now.....:whistling:

Nah seriously this is great news. Fully deserved for the big fella.

12. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +3,055
  13. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,227
    Contract numbers for King Dunlap

SAN DIEGO -- According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan, San Diego Chargers left tackle King Dunlap re-signed with the team, receiving a four-year, $28 million deal.

The contract included $13 million in guaranteed money. Dunlap will make $9 million in total compensation in 2015, and $14 million in the first two years of the deal.

"I'm very excited and I love being a Charger," Dunlap told the team's web site. "I love the guys on this team. It's a great city and a great place, so I'm very excited to be back. It was very important to get it done early and out of the way.

"It means a lot knowing how much this team values me. Hearing what my coaches and teammates have said means a lot as both a player and a person. It motivates me to play hard to the best of my ability. I've been working hard every year, and I'm going to work even harder to prove the contract I just got."