1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kiper's 2012 Mock v1.0

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Buck Melanoma, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I think taking an interior lineman at 18 would be a good call if we've resigned Jackson, signed M. Williams, T. Branch, and one of the WRs expected to hit the FA market. We have the cap space for this, especially if we cut "Dead Man Walking" Castillo. The trouble with all of these mock drafts at this point is that they're based on the 2011 Rosters, which are, as of Sunday, completely irrelevant.

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I could give a crap about the Branch signing. Barron isn't worth the 18th pick - period.

3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Honestly, I haven't watched too much tape on the prospects this year. Newborn baby is cutting down on my prospect time. That said, two of the easiest College-NFL transitions are pass rusher and interior line. I think drafting an interior lineman could really help both our offense and defense out, but only if we've signed the necesary FAs for the secondary/LB Corps. This team has a lot of holes, OL, SS, OLB, DL, WR, TE (regardless of Gates's situation), and of those we could probably only rely on OLB, DL, IOL, and (maybe depending on round) TE rookies to make a significant impact in 2012.