1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kiper's final draft grades

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Apr 24, 2010.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?page=KiperDraftGrades

San Diego Chargers

Summary: San Diego definitely got their guy in Ryan Mathews. The question is whether they needed to get all the way up to No. 12 to get him. But again, you have to find someone to trade with, and Miami was a logical trading partner as a team trying hard to move down. They didn't have a lot of picks, but I liked the Chargers getting a great value in Cam Thomas in the fifth, and Darrell Stuckey has a chance to be a good starter in this league. Donald Butler, an inside linebacker, has good athleticism for the position, and has a chance to become the starter eventually.

Draft grade: B

AFC West Teams
    Chargers = B
    Chiefs = B-
    Raiders = C+
    Broncos = C-

2. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    This cracks me up seeing as how everyone is loving the Raiders' draft right now. They're just comparing their draft with their previous ones, not compared to the rest of the division.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    when you go from bug**** insane to semi-rational you deserve a "good boy, here's a cookie" from the Draft gurus, it's progress don'tcha know :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    The Raiders draft this year in comparison to other years, makes it look great but when you really look at it, it wasn't that special.

McClain is solid but it was at a position that wasn't a big need. Campbell (OT) while having a great combine and a lot people thinking crazy AL would reach big time for him and take him the 1st he has BUST written all over him (although not really a bust when you're draft in day 3).

Really the Chiefs would be lower than Oakland if it wasn't for the Berry pick.

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    agree:yes:

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I think the Chiefs passing on Golden Tate for McCluster was insane. They also completely whiffed on taking a NT and their fans are pissed off right now.:lol:

7. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
  8. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    B sounds good with only 6 picks, I'm happy with.
    We got really competition to make the 53 cut.
    :yes:

9. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58

Most clubs in the NFL did worse then te chargers according to KIPER. C was the average but there were quite a few d's

10. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    They must be happy with Bowe and Chambers, still imo I think Tate will be a stud. I mean really McCluster better be a great returner (Daunte Hall or Hester like) for it to be worth the pick.

You take away the Berry pick and imo they had the worst draft in the Division, but Berry is that good (at least right now, who knows how these guys will pan out).

11. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I think after all the scortching sproles has done to their d they wanted to get their hands on their own little guy.

12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Chefs fans on ChiefsPlanet wanted Kindle/Cody. In essence, Baltimore's second round. :lol:

Oh, and most also wanted Donald Butler and Darrell Stuckey. Hmm... :lol:

Then they were hoping for Cam Thomas. :lol:

One said "Uh... Does Scott Pioli realize that to successfully run a 3-4 defense, you actually need a 3-4 NT?" :icon_rofl:

If KC's draft had actually gone Berry, Kindle, Cody, Butler, Stuckey, they would have killed the draft.