1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kobe asks for trade.

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by stone86, May 30, 2007.

1. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886927

The story lines that have engulfed the Los Angeles Lakers in the last week hit a crescendo Wednesday when Kobe Bryant said he would welcome a trade.

Kobe: "I would like
    to be traded."

Kobe Bryant tells Stephen A. Smith on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York that he wants to be traded from the Lakers -- and that there's nothing the Lakers can do to change his mind. Listen

And later, in another radio interview, he seemed to back away from the demand.

First, Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York: "I would like to be traded, yeah. Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind...

2. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Sportscenter just reported on the end of the 90 minute midday edition, that Kobe has changed his mind. On KLAC radio in Los Angeles, he said something along the lines of "This is my team, I love it here. I'd like to work this thing out." This refutes the comments from above he made only hours before.

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Paging Mark Cuban!! Mr. Cuban!!! Trade the Dirk for a diick.

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Kobe is a drama queen. He wanted this situation when he resigned. He wanted to be the MAN. So they traded Shaq and decided not to bring back Phil Jackson. If Kobe wanted to keep winning, he should have either left for a better team or lobbied to keep Shaq and Jackson.

Now all of a sudden, the kid has no patience in this rebuilding phase, and accuses the Lakers front office in not doing their rebuilding job fast enough. Look at Boston and Chicago, they know that it takes time to rise back up. Kobe needs to STFU, honor his contract and play. All this drama that he's bringing up at this point in the playoffs just validates the kids self-centered, ego driven attitude.

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Sounds like this was Kobe's version of the "I'm done" thread.

6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

:lol:

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I wonder how much he'll have to spend on jewelry for his Lakers teammates in order to get back on their good side. I mean, he basically called them a bunch of scrubs.

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Kobe sux!

9. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    Kobe = MEGALOMANIA----- a psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power or omnipotence - often generally termed as delusions of grandeur. It includes an obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions, usually pertaining to one's self.

10. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Who would want him on their team though cause i sure wouldn't

11. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    very good individual player, but the guy is a cancer.