1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

KPBS Interviews Mark Fabiani

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jan 2, 2007.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Tom Fudge: You could say this week has been bittersweet for local football fans. On Sunday, the San Diego Chargers beat the Arizona Cardinals, earning home field advantage throughout the coming NFL playoffs. On Monday, January 1st, the team earned the ability to talk with other cities about leaving San Diego.

The saga of the team’s quest for a new stadium has played out over several years. But this week’s milestone is bound to get people’s attention. You could say it marks either the beginning of the end, or the beginning of a new era for the team in the San Diego County. At this point it’s hard to know which it will be. Lately the team has been talking with officials in Chula Vista and National City about building a new stadium.

Listen to the Interview

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    You know, this will get done, I have no doubt in my mind. San Diego needs the Chargers, they cant afford to let them go.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    especially if we make it to the super bowl

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm sure its all about leveraging the best deal for a stadium. Socal begs for a team. The nfl desperately wants a super bowl stadium in SoCal. i'd be surprised if they go too far.

5. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    you never know...if another city comes up with a better plan, say bye bye. The Chargers are a business, and they will go where they can make more money. Just think about it...San Diego fans are not willing to pay much more money for the tickets to the game...infact we already complain about the prices now. Just think if there was a new stadium, plus a superbowl team....Prices would be raised so high you might as well move the team to La Jolla. But, if the team moved to another city, then the new fans would be so stoked that they would pay more money and not complain...So dont think just because they have a winning season that they will stay here.

Just do like me, im going to move to whatever city they end up in...If they move, I hope its Vegas....I really want to live there...

6. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    If SD city loses the Chargers then we must keep them in SD county

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Vegas is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. And before the Vegas bolt fans get pissed off at me, it's just because I know I'd develop a gambling problem if I lived there.

8. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    My call is a move to Vegas in 2011. Chargers give up trying to get a stadium in SD in 2009 and it takes two years to get the new one funded and built in Vegas. I could maintain loyalty if they move to Vegas, but not LA. If they move to LA or San Antonio I disown this team for good.

9. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    No reason to get pissed,just wait until I see you at the Playoffs!:icon_tease:
    This town isn't for everyone.

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I doubt they move to Las Vegas, could you see them in the Super Bowl and no legal betting going on?

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

I could do it.

I have a VERY low pain threshold for losing money in gaming.

I'D RATHER DRINK!!!!

:ABQ2: :ABQ2: :ABQ2:

12. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    We can bet on UNLV and UNR.

13. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    BS. I know people that pay over 5k for two season tickets. The bill for the 2 post season games for two is over $1,400. They would gladly pay twice that for seats in a modern stadium. The Q blows. However, the site is perfect for the Chargers and the city and the fans.

Don't forget that leather-face and that sack of **** Aguirre are both up for re-election in 08'.

It will be interesting to watch this unfold. BTW the Chargers are staying in SD.

• Like Like x 1