1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kris Dielman 12mil signing bonus???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by chargeaway, Feb 28, 2007.

1. chargeaway

chargeaway BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    According to sportsline.com, Kris Dielman already has a deal lined up that will give him a 12 million dollar signing bonus.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10026630

I read in another story that it might be the Seattle Seahawks who are the top contender trying to get Dielmans services. It looks as if the chargers are not going to be able to re sign Dielman in time for free agency. It scares me alot to think that we might have a second year left tackle and a rookie left guard protecting Rivers blindside. But hey, thats what we all said last year about McNeil and look what happened. He ended up in the pro bowl. But until free agency hits, lets all hold out hope that the chargers front office can get a deal done with dielman.

2. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    He is not worth to us 12 million and thats just the signing bonus dont get me wrong he is good but not 12 million good

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    no way near that much no thanks

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Ridiculous. Cya Dielman! :icon_evil:

5. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    WOW!!! where did the hype come from?? If it is Seattle I think they are still hurting from losing Hutch the way they did that now they are just going crazy:icon_eyes: :icon_high:

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm glad that the big hoggies are finally getting the respect they deserve. They may not be in the spotlight like QBs and other skill position players, but they too deserve lots of cake. GET PAID KRIS. Good luck to you!! I know you'll be very happy blocking for the 4th best running back in the NFL.

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    These guys are guessing, jes like we are. And by none other than Pete Prisco, fer crissakes.

I still think a Charger deal will be struck with Dielman, but then I'm jes guessin too.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    i hope so pimp but lot of desperate teams out there want a guard and want a good one

9. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    he's gone bye :wave:

10. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    we should try to bring him back but if he want $12 million then he's gone

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Has Ryan Kalil ever played guard?

12. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    All speculation. Otherwise, tampering.

13. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    It's only tampering when you get caught.

14. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Right. And it's only speculation unless someone gets caught for tampering.

15. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Iv heard hes giot a deal in place with clevland:unsure: I just hope no freak accidents will happen if they get him like the rest of there guys.

16. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Cleveland has made some massive mistakes over the years. The've gone balls out in free agency the last few years and have only gotten worse.

12mil bonus is WAY to much for Dielman, I like him, I think he's Steve Hutchinson in disguise, but thats WAY to much money.:tdown:

17. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    12 mil in guarantees is not unheard of if the total of the contract is not more than 5mil per year.

18. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

hes no hutch but i agree hes asking to much money.

19. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    in a way that's why i've heard seattle is offering him like 6mil/yr, because after Hutchinson left their running and passing game went kinda sour. They could no longer do that run left that alexander had such great success with.

I had mentioned a while ago that Dielman would not sign anbything because he wanted to test the waters, looks like its going to pay off in spades.

20. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    They give teams more room to spend than they're used to and suddenly NFL free agency starts to look like MLB free agency.

coincidence?

21. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Kris Dielman, guard, San Diego Chargers. Expect Dielman to land a monster deal and leave the Chargers, who won't come close to paying the money he'll seek on the market. Dielman is young (he just turned 26) and he paved the way for LaDainian Tomlinson on the left side of San Diego's line. He's got some nastiness to him, too. Dielman has never made the Pro Bowl, but that has as much to do with the glut of top-shelf guards in the AFC as it does with Dielman's talent. Don't be surprised if he lands in Seattle or Miami for Steve Hutchinson-type money.

Yahoo Sports.com

• Like Like x 1
  22. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    I forgot that Miami line sucks. That's most likely where he's going, besides Miami always takes our players and coaches off our hands..:yes:

23. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    This draft is loaded with guards let that azzhole walk and we'll bring in a guard to compete with Mruczkowski for the spot.

24. Jmurns

Jmurns BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Agree 100%. Even if that guard is at pick 30, its going to save a hell of a lot of money over Dielman money. I believe we can pick up a guard to start immediately in the range of 5 years for 12 million, with probably 5 million guaranteed at pick #30. Is Dielman worth 5-6 million more guranteed + 23 million over the life of the contract? This is how teams end of mortgaging the future and end up in salary cap hell. Draft and replace is what AJ appears to excel at.

25. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    If some team is stupid enough to pay that kind of money for a Guard, then good for Dielman if that is what is most important to him.

Right now he is on a team that is the favorite to rep the AFC in the SB.

Cleve? No chance.

Seattle? Maybe.

Miami? No chance.

Dude was on the D Line scrap heap before the bolts turned him into a O Lineman. :icon_shrug:

26. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Why is he an azzhole because another team is willing to burry him in dollars?

27. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    It has nothing to do with saving other people's money. It has to do with the knowledge that they can only spend so much so we don't want them to put a huge chunk of it into one player.

28. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Ask BFISA who removed him from his sig :yes:

And I don't necessarily agree that AJ won't draft a guard in the first two rounds as he could draft a G/T who provides tons of value as depth. Bottom line is AJ drafts BPA every year so if that happens to be a guard who he thinks has immense talent, he will draft him.

Also, we could move mike GOOF (copyright MTL) to left guard, move Olivea to RG (would help him control his holds and false starts but dunno if he is agile enough as he is a fatazz) and bring in a real RT or Goof at left guard and then a guy like Blalock at RG. That would be one powerful strongside with Blalock, Olivea and Manu. If I were a linebacker I would sit on my azz before they even got to me.

There is also this Andy Alleman kid who I think is the real deal from research but I hardly remember him so I will not talk much about him. He could play LG.