1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

L.T., Jets still meeting

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Mar 12, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    L.T., Jets still meeting

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2010 5:05 PM ET
    As of 4:10 p.m. ET, the Jets and free-agent running back LaDainian Tomlinson were still meeting in New Jersey, according to Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger.

Whether it means that he'll pick the Jets over the Vikings, whom he visited Wednesday and Thursday, remains to be seen.

L.T. could make a decision between the two teams this weekend. In other words, Minnesotans and New Yorkers in the crowd will be required to spend some of their non-work time mashing the F5 button over the weekend.

We'll be here, monitoring all the developments and posting a bunch of stories, partially due to the fact that I am committed to serving the audience. And partially due to the fact that I have no life.

In this instance, agreeing with me in the comments section will not make me feel any better.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/12/lt-jets-still-meeting/

2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Guess that means Coach Ryan kept his shirt on?:icon_shrug:

3. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    :lol: I like coach Ryan. I wish we would have hired him, manboobs and all. :icon_eek:

4. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Rumors swirling that Tomlinson will sign with Jets

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2010 6:26 PM ET
    Free agent running back LaDainian Tomlinson hasn't found a new team just yet. But as he visits with the Jets, the rumors are swirling that he's close.

We've caught wind of a rumor that Tomlinson will, in fact, sign with the Jets. Although you should file this under "rumor" rather than "report" right now, suffice to say that it's a strong rumor coming from a good source.

Tomlinson was meeting with the Jets this afternoon, and the New York Daily News reports that Tomlinson is spending another night in town.

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum and coach Rex Ryan are trying hard to get Tomlinson, who's also considering the Vikings, to commit to the Jets, and the indications are that the Jets are going to get their man.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/12/rumors-swirling-that-tomlinson-will-sign-with-jets/

5. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Just a wild guess. But LT is checking out several teams to get wined and dined and see what these teams are all about. TAking notes and all. And then he'll sign with the saints.

If teams are really interested in LT they'll wait till he makes up his mind. And that gives LT leverage in salary and where he really may want to play.

6. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Let me be the first to say that no one should be surprised to see LT look like a much better runningback in NY than he was here for the last two years. They run a very similar offense to Daddy Schottenheimers Chargers of LT's hey day....and they have maybe the NFL's best run blocking line which stands in stark contrast to ours. He'll also won't be relied upon to do all of the heavy lifting in the running game for the first time in his career. You give that man some room to run and he can do some damage...especially if he's fully healthy.

All that being said, the thought of LT on the Jets makes me want to vomit....Pretty much the same feeling I had in 2003 when Harrison went to the Patriots.

7. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Not to worry. Whoever LT signs with will be overpaying for the limited production they get out of him. Good for LT.

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I think you're being a little harsh. I think we've seen LT trip over a blade of grass more than once the last couple of years, he gos down on or avoids contact and doesn't have that classic LT spin move anymore.

Kinda hard to blame our offensive line for those qualities

9. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    you've been listening to too much HACKsaw. Other than Brees, nobody in the Saints organization wants LT. They have Thomas as well as Bush. LT said he's ok to be a backup for Minnesota as a 3rd down guy as well as a 2nd stringer, but in N.O. he would be a 3rd stringer and not even the 3rd down back.

He will sign with the Jets b/c Schotty, and the fact they RUN the ball. The Jets are a mini version of the Marty ball Bolts a few years back. LT thinks he's gonna break off a 1400 yard season :lol: All joking aside it would be INTERESTING to see the guy run behind the best OL in the NFL. My bets are he still only rushes fro 800yards, tops. Shonn Greene is exactly what the Jets need/want. LT could mentor but that's about it.

10. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    You apparently didn't watch the '09 season! LT had SO, SO many opportunities to break off big ones and failed miserably. The dude was tripping up over his own feet behind the LOS. Even when he did get to the 2ndary he couldn't make a thing happen. I love LT, but he's toast.

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    In a way I can agree. But I keep thinking. Who in thier right mind would want to live in new jersey. Just kidding to the new jersey folks.

12. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Exactly. Hey, I love LT and am 100% happy he spent his career in SD but all of this talk about how great he will do in NY is just laughable. Any, and I mean any RB can run through the holes that the Jets line opened up during the year. So if LT does good it has nothing to do with "his" ability but more with the Jets OL ability. It's what you do to break tackles, outrun and dupe defenders with your moves and LT just didn't have that when he had the chances with the Bolts.
    So I can forsee this fight all year long. If LT gets the holes that many are expecting they are gonna talk about how it was a mistake for us to let him go. When the truth of the matter will be how he does when the holes aren't there and if he can make his own yards based on his speed and moves. They way I look at it, the Jets are spending the money on the name and not the LT of old.

13. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    HEY!!! :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

14. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    It's that spin move that I believe messed him up. He spins himself right into the ground. He used to make a lateral hop and he was off. As of late he tries that spin and it just doesn't work. I could root for him as a Viking or even a Saint but not a JET. The Jets are quickly becoming a hated rival for me. It doesn't help that half of my friends are JET fans:tdown:

15. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Sorry, I mean no disrespect to new jersey. But if you had a choice would you live there.

16. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I did have a choice and no offense taken. NJ is a great state to live in. As long as you are away from the hudson River area. Mountains, Ski resort, Waterfalls, Beaches and some of the lower gas prices in the country. As long as you can afford the gas after some of the highest property taxes in the country. :no:

17. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm just kidding. Again sorry to get you anyway upset. I've heard new jersey is a nice place. I can see LT going there if he didn't have the choice of new orleans just cause of brees and the laid back life they have there. . It will be interesting seeing where LT lands. I'm sure there will be a reason one way or another which place he lands.

18. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Tell me about it. When TJ was cut they were talking how happy they were that they got rid of a 30+ years old running back and how they want to go younger. Then there was talk about how they may want to try and resign him and then they were happy about that. Now the talk of LT going to them they are all happy. So much for wanting to go younger. Plus he did worse then the guy they got rid of. What a bunch of wishy washy fans they are.

Gee, kind like us. :icon_rofl:

19. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Oh please....Ya didn't upset me one bit.

I say LT is signed by noon tomorrow. Based on what he sayshe wants, NY has all of that to offer and more. He'll be hyped up like crazy and the money he can make with even more endorsements. Too much to give up. I still think it would be too weird if he ended up in NO. LT was always the man when Brees was there and LT would be treated like second fiddle in NO and Brees would be the man. For me, there is too much possible bad karma that could go on there in that scenario.

20. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    good point. YOu may be right about LT not likeing being second fiddle to the breezer.

I guess philly is interested as well. Both philly and the jits need a number 1 rb. Which could be the deciding factor I'm guessing.

21. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83

Nah New Jersey is a decent state. It has a lot of BAddd areas. Weather not great. There are worst places, just not many.

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Coach Ryan kicks a**!!! No point denying it!!!

Look what he did in his rookie season!