1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

L.T. might end up almost repeating last year's efforts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Oct 26, 2007.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    After the first six games in 2006, LT had 110 carries for 407 yards rushing, 7 rushing TD. That means he was averaging just 67.8 yards rushing per game, 3.7 ypc, and 1.17 rushing TD per game at that point.

After the first six games of 2007, LT has 122 carries for 527 yards rushing, 6 rushing TD. That means he's averaging 87.8 yards rushing per game, 4.3 ypc, and 1 rushing TD per game at this point.

So, after six games, LT has a higher per game rushing average, and per carry average, with about a dozen more carries, than last year at this time in the season. His rushing TD is slightly less.

Over the final 10 games of 2006, LT had 1408 yards rushing and 21 rushing TD. That means over the final 10 games he averaged 140.8 yards rushing per game, and 2.1 rushing TD per game. He had 238 carries in the final 10 regular season games, meaning he got 5.9 ypc after the 6 game mark in 2006.

Since LT has a better start this year than last, he just may reach 1800 yards rushing again, and 1.17 rushing TD last year versus 1 rushing TD to start the year really isn't that much of a difference.

I wouldn't be surprised if LT rushed for 1800 yards and 24 TD this year to become the first RB in history to have back-to-back 1800 yard rushing and 24 rushing TD seasons. Especially if Chris Chambers causes defenses to stack the box much less.

2. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Fine Study. I congratulate LT for every yard+ but the Chargers
    need wins, the play calling shouldn't ignore this.
    At least I also think LT will get over 1.600 yards this season.
    ...and he will be the 21st to get over 10.000 y.:icon_banana:

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Once again we must realize - LT=Superman. :tup:

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    LT needs to average 128 yards rushing per game from hereon out to reach 1800 yards for the season.

I'll have to check, but the Bolts have won the great majority of their games when LT has rushed for 120 yards. :yes:

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I am more and more convinced that he will break either the all time yards from scrimmage record or the all time rushing record, or both.

• Like Like x 1
  6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Both. :yes:

LT would need another 6 seasons averaging 1400 rushing yards per season to break the all time rushing record, another six seasons averaging 1800 yards from scrimmage to break that record and another six seasons averaging 15 TDs to break the all time TD record.

Think about that, in the 2013 NFL season, LT could break the all time rushing record, the all time yards from scrimmage record and the all time TDs record. That would be incredible.

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I just hope he's wearing Lightning Bolts when he does it. :yes:

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    LT's a charger for life.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
  10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    The only thing I want to see LT win is the Lombardi.:bolt::tup::abq2::icon_banana::icon_toast: