1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

L.T. THE NEW FAVRE?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, May 14, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I don't think we need to be on LT watch as this article suggests. What's your thoughts?

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I thought he also said in his Colin Cowherd interview that he wanted the next six years to be better than the first six... :icon_shrug:

or something pretty close to that at least

3. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    He's said several times he wants to play out the contract but who knows if he'll play after that. He's signed for 4 more seasons, when he'll be 33. Wouldn't surprise me if he decided to retire then. The only reason I could really see him sticking around is for a championship.

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    This is a typical comment taken out of context.

Dominguez said to LT something like 'To break Emmitt's record you'd need to play at the same pace for the next 5yrs...'

LT responded by saying "I dont even know if I'll play that long."

And she freaked!!! She acted as if he said he was going to retire after this very season WELL 5 YEARS IS A LONG TIME FOR AN NFL RUNNINGBACK! If he retired in 3yrs I wouldnt even be that dissapointed, it would make it a nice round 10yr carrer as the greatest Charger player ever.

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Cart before the horse, and in some cases in here. Jack ***!!!!!

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I like the fact that LT wants to retire "on top", knowing how AJ works, if LT wanted to play past his prime Aj would probably cut him anyways and we would see Emmitt Smith part 2 :tdown:

As long as he retires having played his whole career as a Chargers and having won (at least) one ring I'll be a happy man :abq2:

7. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I don't know why people talk like this. LT has said time and again, he's playing out the end of this contract, and then he is done. Pretty unambiguous to me!

8. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    The stuff LT has been saying on all these interviews (including one I heard this past week on Sirius) is the same. He doesn't know if he'll play five more years. So what? Why is he even putting that out there? I think Campbell's Soup had him out doing that to create a "buzz" around when they announced his endorsement deal. It got people talking about Tomlinson and Campbells.

Marketing 101. That's all this whole story was about. Money.

9. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    oh thank goodness. I thought they meant that LT was going to start throwing INTs.:icon_eek:

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    LT is already destined for the HOF. If we don't get a Lombardi by the time he's ready to a new contract, then whether or not he plays into a new one will be entirely irrelevant.

11. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    That was original and freaking funny !!! :bolt:

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    It ALL depends on how his health is after his contract expires. If he feels that he can still contribute and wants to continue playing, he'd be very smart to stick with the Chargers.
    If they let him go, then he has no control of the situation. But let's say the Chargers offered him a two year contract for 4 Mil and the Cowboys offered him a two year for 5 mil... taking the Cowboys offer would be a mistake.

Reason being... look at the what Farv has in Green Bay. He freakin' walks on water in Green Bay!!! He can go out to eat and party for free for the rest of his life in GB. A real estate agency would give him a free house without batting an eye lash.
    I've heard some talk questioning if he'll go to the Vikings if he chooses not to retire. He's NOT stupid!!!

LT will have his entire life made in "America's Finest City" if he retires a Charger!!!!