1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LA Chargers or SD Raiders?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Jan 24, 2016.

?

LA Chargers or SD Raiders?

1. LA Chargers

47.1%
  2. SD Raiders

11.8%
  3. Neither

35.3%
  4. Whoever is winning

5.9%
  1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    Saw this poll elsewhere, curious how people are feeling about this here. I honestly don't know, guess root for whoever is doing better. I will change my user name to Fairweather Fouts! :p

www.faidertalk.com :(

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    SD Raiders.
    Possibly the only thing more wrong than the Chargers and Raiders trying to build a stadium together!

That said, if the Chargers leave, the city is wide open for any team.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    It'd be weird because suddenly I'd be rooting for more LA teams than SD teams.

4. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    It would be hard to root for the Raiders after all these years. I don't really hate them, C'mon it's just sports, but as PR says "it's nausiating." However, winning cures everything.

If Raiders stay in Oakland, or go elsewhere besides SD, I probably wouldn't be as excited about Chargers football, but winning cures everything. Maybe that is what Spanos is counting on.

5. English

English @tonywaters

Ratings:
    +92
    SD Raiders for me.

I'm not resident in California (or even USA) but have followed SD Chargers from afar for around 10 years now. However, when I made my first trip to SD with other European fans in 2009 (I think) I fell in love with the place. I've returned with friends, wife and family since then and find it inconceivable now to go on one of my regular holidays to The States without visiting SD.

I've also met people across there who I now call friends, who go out of their way to make me feel welcomed in the city and who I miss when I come back home.

So although the football team is the primary reason for my first visit, I now feel a great warmth for your fine city so it would just seem right to support a different team name in SD rather than the Chargers in a different City.

Oh yeah, there's also Stone Brew beers...

6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Neither. Will NEVER root for an L.A. team, much less one that took a dump on my home town. The Raiders? ******* please!

I will be a fan of no team, will just root for players on my fantasy teams. And will root for the L.A. Chargers to go 0-16 forever, and the move to be such an epic failure that the word failure is removed from the dictionary and replaced with SPANOS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Really???? F*cking "cr*cker" is a banned word? This forum is such a pansy as* for the censorship sh*t.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I'm with you on the city, which is why I'd go to a lot of LA Chargers @ SD Raiders games rooting for the Chargers. :D

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Chargers. I'll follow them every where as that's my favorite team. I can like some players from the Raiders but if they moved here I think might puke.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
  11. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Classic stuff, isn' it ....... but if it's any consolation, you could have gone with crack er .... ;)

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Shirley you're joking .............. right ?

Did April Fools come early ? :confused:

You are not going to support anything Raider-related, EVER !!!!, if an intervention is necessary, then we'll somehow organize a crane to get your large arse to the clinic to have you checked out and weened off whatever it is you have poisoned yourself with there Big Fella.....

Fargin' SD Raiders, my lily-white arse !!!! [​IMG]

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Did you read what you are replying too?

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,378
    BEFORE or AFTER I got off the floor after seeing SD RAIDERS ???????

Did you NOT read the OP's question ?

And you wrote "SD Raiders" ................what the hell you expect me to answer with after seeing that ..... :D

Even if jesting you would NEVER write those letters together ya Big Lugg, never, never, NEVER !!! :mad:

Now, off you go and watch the Patsy's dismantle megahead in a hugeeee way today. :D

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Oh... I see, so why dont you try reading the rest of the post ya git....

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Tough reading anything when flat on your back ............. that you even wrote the "SDR thingy" is bad enough, now go wash ya dirty farg !

17. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Can you imagine the shot to the gut it would be if the LA Chargers won a Super Bowl in the next 5 years?

I would root for them over the TURDS, but only to be good, not to win the Super Bowl.

18. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    So let me get this straight. The Chargers move to LA and everyone is pissed. The Raiders move to San Diego now the City has another Team that calls San Diego home? AND that team has a few Lombardis? I wanna see the smack talkers on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    [​IMG]
    Well good luck to those staying behind, I'm a Chargers fan where ever they play. I was born in LA and currently reside in AZ so my ties to the city of San Diego (where I lived for 21 years) are only that, a place I lived. I was raised to be a Raider fan but fell in love with the Chargers, they go, I go with them. My LA ties raised me with the Lakers so one more LA team won't kill me, SD will always house my Padres.

20. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
  21. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    These clowns must singlehandedly keep Party City in business...kiddie pirate crap on aisle 5!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Undecided.

23. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    I'll be rooting for the L.A. Chargers, and if that gives Philip a Super Bowl ring all the better

• Like Like x 1
  24. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    The worst part aboput the raiders coming to San Diego would be that they would become the local team, meaning local TV stations would air their games instead of the Chargers', and local news casts would talk about them :poop:

25. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I'd be rooting for the SD Raiders. I'm sorry but even if this is a business don't you take a **** all over my hometown and my support and expect me to take it. Spanos decides that what matters more is making money, that's his prerogative. But he'll lose this life long fan.

If the Chargers stay in SD I'll remain a lightning bolt.

26. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    I'm Bolts forever, I couldn't ever cheer for the Raiders. As an international fan, the concept of LA or SD isn't as significant to me as it is to a native of San Diego, for me the sad part is how our piece of turd owner has handled the situation and shown the hometown fans no regard

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    The question is: is anyone FROM San Diego following the team to L.A. if it happens? I get the out of towners, but I don't know how a San Diegan can do it.

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I know 3 that say they will follow the Chargers.

That said, if another team comes into SD, and finds success, I would not be surprised to see them rethink their allegiance...

29. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    To each his own I guess, but I just can't see it. As a dude born and raised in San Diego I spent most of my younger years taking doodoo (weak as* forum censorship) from fans of L.A. teams. Dodgers fans pooping (weak as* forum censorship) on Padres fans, Lakers fans pooping (weak as* forum censorship) on Clippers fans, Raiders fans pooping (weak as* forum censorship) on Chargers fans. Just the overall smug "we're better than you" attitude of those douchebags was enough for me to start hating L.A. Add to that the Los Angeles false sense of superiority to San Diego, and penises (weak as* forum censorship) like T.J. Simers who like to talk down to San Diegans, and it makes it hard not to hate those penis heads (weak as* forum censorship).

THEN, if you sprinkle on a big load of Dean Spanos telling the city of San Diego it's not good enough and making googly eyes at L.A., I just can't imagine any real San Diegan saying "thank you sir, may I have another." The one thing L.A. has going for it is the biggest reason I can't stand that place: a poopooload (weak as* forum censorship) of people.

30. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,150
    No real, self-respecting San Diegan Charger fan ever would...

unless maybe they were a communist...

• Like Like x 1