1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LA Stadium Marketing Push

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Big Bolts, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    stay clumsy san diego...

2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,805
    i've never been to a website that made me so irrationally angry before...

3. socaldelmar

socaldelmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20
    I dont think anyone could look at that site and honestly say that if they were the owners of a professional team that played in an old stadium located in a small market that they wouldnt prefer to take their team there.

As a FAN I would prefer the Chargers stay in San Diego and somehow get the new stadium they are asking for

IF it ends up that they decide to move they better not be called the Los Angeles Chargers

California Chargers, Southern California Chargers, even City of Industry Chargers would be better than LA Chargers

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    They can't have them!!

No way, no how. LA canNOT have our team. LA can kiss my fat native-San-Diegan ***---they cannot have my Chargers!!!

5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    For the Los Angeles Chargers of San Diego or the LA Chargers of Industry?

6. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    That stadium does look pretty impressive.

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Two things for sure. If they move to that location, they will be called the "LA Chargers" and you can bet your life that San Diego will never see NFL again.

This sucks but there's no need to worry cause I have no control over it. Just hope for the best.

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Nice concept in LA, wake up San Diego!!!!!:bolt:

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Dayum that is a pretty sweet stadium. :icon_sad:

10. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Mr Goodell,

How many teams have passed through LA? What makes you think that the next will be successful?

11. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    pfft...just like how you're handling norv being the chargers coach right?
    what, did you just get home from your 12 step meeting when you posted this?

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Difference in logic: 101
    Most people in here wanted Marty fired. I wasn't really up for that BUT if we got a better coach, it would have got my approval. Instead, we got a worse coach. Though some people disagree.
    And about this logic... I don't think anybody here hopes the Chargers move to Industry.

Did you take the short bus to school?

13. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    obviously, you've never taken a logic class.
    your rambling attempt to equate these two situations in some sort of "logic 101" context is a prime example of your ignorance. it made zero sense, or was not a logical argument, if you will.
    my response to your "oh, i'm an easy going, whatever is gonna happen will happen" post is that you are full of ****.
    great short bus joke, very original.
    didn't understand my '12 stepper' did'ya?
    shouldn't you be getting ready for the 'tool academy' reunion show about now? oh wait, contestants needed to have an actual girlfriend for that show.
    blather on toolio...

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Look... it's not my fault that you're not smart enough to understand the differences between the two. Though it's not surprising either.

If posters start saying "I sure hope to see the Chargers move to Industry," then maybe you'll see me say something. Until then, learn to control what you drink, angry drunk!!

15. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    dude your like a puppy running around in traffic.
    a complete lack of comprehension.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Listen... take your bottle of cheap booze and head out to the closest park bench. That way you can argue with birds, clouds, trees, and anything else anything else that will make you feel like you've made a point.

17. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Yep. :icon_sad:

18. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072

The Raiders were succsessful, they won a Super Bowl as the LOS ANGELES Raiders.

They did not get the support they wanted, so it was back to Oakland.

19. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    When I said successful I was not talking about the club record. You are correct, the Raiders and the Rams both skipped town. LA does not have a NFL fan base or the support for a team. They need to stick to their movies and reality TV. :lol:

20. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Hell, I think most of them wait until I go to Disneyland, then they all show up. Then again, most of them seem to enjoy getting stuck on the freeways.

21. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    love the bolts, but for your information the chargers were in LA their first year. So really they would be going back to where they started. LA county not San Diego. I have season tix and make the drive from OC and we havent missed a game in 5 years. if the bolts move up this way how many so called fans will make the trip up north when it's not so convenient? Be happy that the'll still be in so cal and quit crying

22. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    That is pretty much the only reason I'm really glad someone is going to put in all this effort to acquire the team because they'll still be a California team, the only southern California team for that matter so the market will grow but certainly not shrink. Of course for history's take I'd like to see them stay the San Diego Chargers until the end but if anything this the most beneficial for all the parties involved in my opinion.

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    So let me get this straight... Let's use the Baltimore Colts as an example... Those who were not willing to travel to Indianapolis were never true fans? I've got to disagree!!!
    Would that logic also apply to LA Rams fans? St. Louis Cardinals fans?

So they were the LA Chargers for ONE season. YEAHHHHH!!!!!! :rolleyes:
    How long have they been the San Diego Chargers? EXACTLY!!!!!!

It's NOT a matter of convenient. It's a matter of No Fan Loyalty. If they became the "Southern California Chargers," maybe. LA Chargers... NO!!!

24. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    So called fans?

I have been going to games since 1970.

And every game I watched was the SAN DIEGO Chargers.

I will never support any Team that makes it home in LOS ANGELES.

I have all ready told some Raiders fans at work that if the move happens I would rather be a Steelers fan, at least they have 6 Lombardi’s, and then I could tell them to shut up!

On the same token if the Raiders moved to San Diego, and changed their colors to Powder Blue and Yellow, how many Raider fans would remain loyal?

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Imagine all those "so called" Cleveland Browns fans that didn't become Baltimore Ravens fans and those "so called" Houston Oilers fans that didn't become Tennessee Titans fans... What a bunch of band wagoners!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Suck It, BOLT POWER!!! :bananafinger: :bananafinger: :bananafinger: :bananafinger:

26. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,805
    quit crying? screw you buddy.

they spent one season in LA - they have been in San Diego since 1961. losing the Chargers would be a travesty. it would actually be more convenient for me to get to games if they moved but it doesn't make it any less devastating an idea. i wouldn't ever be happy or satisfied with the bolts leaving - period.

The Chargers belong in San Diego.

27. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    That is actually a very good way to look at it.

28. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    exactly, as long as they call themselves the SAN DIEGO Chargers, I am there 100000000%. They move away, I am done.

I stuck with them though the Ryan Leaf years, and I stuck with them through the Harland Svare years. After watching Bobby Beathard do his thing to us, I still claim them as my Team. I will be there this year, and the year after that, I will be there in 10 years also, but they have to stay in San Diego. Move to LA and you can kiss my loyalty good bye!

I will never call any Team that lives full time in Los Angeles, my Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn’t do it for the Clippers, and I will not do it for the Chargers.

29. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    You know there is a lot of merit to that philosophy, and it can be applied elsewhere. :tup: