1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LaDainian Tomlinson appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Feb 3, 2010.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    Say what you will about him now, and I wouldn't want to bring him back at current salary either, but this thread is for appreciating him for all he's done for this team over the past decade. Please, no *****ing and whining about any of the recent negative stuff. Save that for other threads.

Anyways, here's some highlight clips of arguably the greatest Charger of all time.

2. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    In a Paytonesque way he kept some pretty miserable seasons watchable and even entertaining sometimes.

To L.T.

3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Is, was, and always will be... the man. Probably my favorite Charger of all time.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Tomlinson was the man who dragged the Chargers back to respectability. I don’t care who you are, if you are a Charger fan you have to respect the class and dedication he has brought to the Chargers.

I will forever remember being in the stands when he crosses the goal line and forever put his stamp on the history of the game by scoring the most touchdowns in a season, proclaiming "A CHARGER HAS TOPPED THE LEAGUE"! This he did through his actions rather than his words.

He has brought a lot of pride and respect to the team, other players will continue this, but they will all be able to look at the examples that LT left for them. He is, was and always will be a leader to this team. Future Charger running backs will use his as the measurement of what it is to be the best Charger Running Back. Many will try and surpass his achievements, and if they follow his examples it will make them all the better for it. On turn, his impact lingers making the team all the better…

For us fans, he will continue to bring us pride, In a few short years after his eventual retirement, he again will bring us pride as he accepts a yellow jacket on the steps to that historic building in Canton...

LT has forever changed the face of the Chargers, if not the game. I personally thank him for that!

5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    LT was one of the most electric running backs of all time and it was always just plain exciting to watch him tear defenses up. I remember going to almost every game in 2006 and yeah, we won 14, but HOW we won was spectacular. I still cannot help but get goosebumps when I think about making the LT's TD Counter that the Q Security let me hang on the railings and recalling just how excited I was to turn it over to 29 that day against Denver. I'm definitely beaming right now. To LT! :flag::icon_toast:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/124353/game-of-the-week-2006-broncos--chargers?show=3825#x-4,vepisode,1,0

6. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Watching the 2006 TD video, I noticed that with few exceptions, Lo Neal delivered the key block that sprung LT. I can't help but wonder how a good FB and some better health might have extended the career of the savior of San Diego, AKA L.T.

7. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    It's funny how people (especially non-Chargers fans) talk about him like he's a average RB. I can't believe how much hate is out there for him by fans of other teams.

If he retires today, he is a first ballot HOF player. You don't get over 12,000 yards, and 150 TD's being an average RB in only 9 years.

I will hate to see him in another uniform, but he will always be next to Fouts as the greatest in Chargers history. :yes:

8. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Nothing but respect for LT. Watching him play for the Bolts was definitely special. He is a bolt that will be talked about with greatness forever. I am not much of a jersey collector, but I bought an authentic LT jersey this past week and it will be framed and hanging next to my Fouts jersey in my house.:bolt:

9. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    LT- you helped Drag San Diego back into respectabitlity with Drew Brees. Your the best RB of the last decade and we thank you for all the work you have done on and off the field.

You will always be a Charger in the hearts of Charger Fans

LT LT LT LT

I hope that he'll come back to the team as the Running Backs Coach when he decides to retire :D

10. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Much love to LT for everything he's done for this franchise. The sheer workload alone is enough to earn him a salute. In the early part of his career, he had an absolutely insane workload with well over 400 touches a season in 2002/2003....To carry on with the production he's had for most of 9 years is very rare.

It should be noted that one of his best ever seasons in 2002 was WITHOUT Lorenzo Neal, Antonio Gates or any noteable offensive help...and working behind one of the crappiest lines I've ever seen in which not one lineman was healthy for a full season.....also, there were no passing options on that team other than retread Curtis Conway. When he ran for 1680 yards that year when every other team knew that he was the only legitimate threat we had, that's when I knew he was something truly special.

I'm glad he got the chance to play in a solid scheme, behind a halfway decent line in 2006 that allowed him to maximize his ability and break records.

He is a true legend. One of the most prolific scorers in NFL history. One of the great home run threats of his era....Probably the best cutback runner not named Barry Sanders...a receiver rivaled by only Marshall Faulk and Thurman Thomas out of the backfield (as full time RB's).....a guy as reliable as any in history at holding onto the football. An incredible competitor and ambassador for this team for a long time.

You'll be missed LT. Hopefully we find a runningback with half of the ability you possessed in your prime.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,412
    2003 wasn't too shabby for him either.

12. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    LT will always be in our hearts as Chargers fans. What he brought to the table will never be forgotten and even though times change, he will always be remembered as the greatest charger of all time! And to think.... I can say that I grew up watching one of the greatest running backs of all time play!!

13. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Leo…great idea for a thread! Thanks.

LT is one of the greatest running backs of all time…his stats prove it.
    LT has handled he career with the utmost class!
    LT has been a great member of the San Diego community!
    LT has been the key to providing hope for us Charger fans for the first seven years of the decade.
    LT is just a hell of a nice guy!
    I consider LT as the greatest Charger of all time!

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Great RB, Great Charger, & will be remembered as one of the best to ever don an NFL uniform. Thanks for the joy that you've brought to many of us.

See you in Canton in a few years. :tup:

15. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Whenever LT was in the backfield, everyone paid attention.

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    LT
    The best there is
    The best there was
    The best there ever will be...

17. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Absolute legend, one of the best there ever was. We move on but I will miss him. Thanks for the memories LT.

18. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    All due respect, that's Bret "The Hitman" Hart. :tup:

19. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Thanks for the memories LT. Best of luck to you and I'll see you in Canton.

20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I still think he'll be a bolt next year, so I'll save my goodbye till later.

21. Trent Edwards

Trent Edwards BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I've always been very fond of LT, it was always so exciting to see him play in his prime. It's a shame that he won't be wearing a Chargers' jersey, but I wish him the best wherever he ends up. :tup:

22. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    What makes you think so?

23. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +684
    I do not think he will be back next year and it will be very hard to see him wearing other colors, but that is the business side.

Thanks for all you brought to the field and the memories us fans have to cherish. :bolt:

24. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    LT going public might be his way of calling out to AJ. I'll just wait and see what happens, until he's released he's under contract with the club. AJ may just let him get his best deal in a trade, kind of like Stay out.

25. SDKCFAN

SDKCFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks LT for giving this fan some great thrills! YOU are MR. SAN DIEGO and I'm sorry that business has to get in the way so that you couldn't retire as a Charger. You are a class act in this business of me, me, me!

26. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Thanks for all the regular season glory LT.

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,412
    Thanks for disregarding the request in the first post by taking a veiled pot shot. :tdown: