1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LaDainian Tomlinson said he considered Saints, Ravens, Broncos

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LFEpooh124, Mar 12, 2009.

1. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    From the Dan Patrick show:

Full Link - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/56762/index.html?eref=fromSI

LaDainian Tomlinson joined the show after restructuring his contract with the Chargers. Here are some of the highlights of his interview with Dan.

-- Tomlinson said he did start to think about where he might play next when things got dicey with the Chargers. The first team he mentioned was New Orleans, which he said was everyone's obvious choice. He agreed, the Saints made a lot of sense. He also thought Baltimore would be great because his former coordinator Cam Cameron is there. Also, Denver would have been a good fit.

-- Tomlinson said he wasn't surprised the team wanted to restructure his contract. L.T. says that happens to everyone. "I just wanted that contract to be fair," Tomlinson said.

-- Tomlinson said if he's healthy he expects to run for a lot of yards this year.

-- Tomlinson sort of talked around it, but implied that there are performance-based incentives in his contract.

-- Tomlinson said that Emmitt Smith's record is a big thing to him, but it doesn't compare to chasing a championship ring.

-- Tomlinson said that he's happy to share carries with Darren Sproles and he thinks that will help both of them.

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    FU.CK YOU LT... for even mentioning Denver... F.UUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUU.

For that bullshiit... He better be brilliant this year.

3. fan4ever

fan4ever BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    denver?denver??DENVER?!!!? Glad that didn't happen. Holy cheese.

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Denver?! DENVER?! I just threw up in my mouth a little LT... :no:

Let's never speak of this again mmm'kay~

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I said it before...

...LT ain't the brightest bulb. But we love him. I guess. :lol:

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I'm sure he was thinking revenge if the Chargers didn't treat him right :icon_shrug:

7. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Even so .. there are lots of question marks in Denver IMO .. If Shanahan were still there, that might be a good fit because of that zone blocking scheme, but otherwise, how does he know how things are going to be run up there right now? Just a weird comment.

8. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Who care where he looked? He's ours and that ain't gonna change!

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I'm just happy to hit this sort of information in the head with a shovel and bury it deep