1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LaDainian Tomlinson: The Chargers Strike Back

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Yes, another thread about LT... :lol:

[​IMG]
    OOPS I tripped again...

By J. Becket

LaDainian Tomlinson is at it again. Recently he went to the New York Daily news with another onslaught of criticism against the San Diego Chargers. He stated not only was the organization against him, but also, they built the team in an effort to make him fail.

Wow, if I could just have a tenth of what you had in San Diego, my life would be a success!

He further went on to say that he joined the Jets because he wanted to join a superbowl contender. As if San Diego was not as good as the Jets. All of this whining is taking place only on his part. The Chargers organization has given him a heroes departure, and this is a very selfish way to feel relevant.

Guess what LT, you are irrelevant. You are also your own worst enemy. What more could you have asked for?

Adressing the issues.

LT had a great career in San Diego. He had a great life, community involvement, established and loyal fan base, and wealth. Its safe to say he could have retired out of San Diego and kept a legendary status for the rest of his life. Look at Tony Gwynn.

Nobody ever said playing in the NFL would last forever. In the NFL, a ten year career for a running back is damn near impossible. Sure its not fair, but LT took a shot. He made his money and quite a name for himself.

Even if he needed the money. ( which I seriously doubt), couldn't he have taken a classier departure? All the Chargers fans have seen his interviews, and heard his radio bites. During the eleven game winning streak, LT stated several times that the locker room was as tight a group as he has ever played with. He also said how " special" the organization was.

Within days of their loss, LT totally contradicted himself saying what discord there was in the team. And that he was looking for a new home. Also that he couldnt stand to lose in the playoffs any more.

Well, I agree with that. So, lets look at his last 3 playoff games. Well , actually we cant. He will miss playoff games with a groin injury or turf toe. And Philip Rivers is out there playing with a torn ACL. or a sprained knee. Gee LT, what a mystery it is that you lost the teams leadership position.

When LT has played , including the last loss to the Jets, his production was horrible. So why should there be any wonder why the team is heading in a different direction? How many chanches does a guy get and still get to use the " Im not getting any chances " excuse? Is 233 enough? If he were to make something happen in any of those, do you think Norv would have stuffed him?

Or we have all seen the fits he made over the last couple years. You know, first and goal, hand off LT, Nothing! Second and Goal, Handoff LT, Nothing! Third and goal, camera zooms in on LT on the sideline fuming, yelling at someone. Then pans back to the game just in time to see a screen pass touchdown from Rivers to Gates with Sproles lead blocking. Does that count as chances?

Still, Tomlinson's reputation was gold at Qualcomm. Every game I attended, I saw number 21 jerseys in all directions. At first, I though, man, I hope this guy gets his step back. Then it turned into," man, why cant he get anything going"?

I have to be honest, At the end of last season, I started viewing those # 21 jerseys as 21 lost plays. And again, at the last game , the frustration mounted. Every time I saw Sproles get the carry , I would really expect something, and was happy. LT, I just watched really quick contact, and a dive for the ground. Sproles carried only 3 times for 33 yards.

I think you will be hard pressed to find a Charger fan who isnt excited to think about Sproles splitting carries next season with Ryan Matthews, Jahvid Best or LeGarrette Blount.

We all know what our bread and Butter is. Rivers, Gates, Jackson, Floyd, and hopefully more of Naanee. But, with a good running game, and the defense getting better with each game , we have real reason to believe we will be better than last year.

As for Tomlinson. He will be exposed next season. I had to laugh when I read he said that he hopes that he and Shonn Green will be like Jordan and Pippen were in Chicago.

Personally, I think the Jets were way better off with Thomas Jones at running back. Didn't he have over 1300 yards last season for them? They were the number one rushing team in the NFL. So when Tomlinson blames their offensive line, he will definately receive negative exposure.

Also, I think Cromartie will be targeted nearly every pass play working opposite of Darelle Revis. Im pretty sure, pretty much every Charger fan will take an interest in seeing a few Jets games this season. I actually think we have improved at Cornerback with Nathan Vasher and Antoine Cason. And, any running back we draft will be welcomed with open arms.

Before I go too far off course. I will conclude this article by saying : " I dont wish Tomlinson any harm or ill will. But, I do think his remarks about San Diego , and the Chargers Organization have been totally classless.

I also think that the best move he could have made was to retire gracefully out of San Diego.

The Chargers are starting this season with a 11 game regular season winning streak. If they start out with just three wins, thats a team record. They really have cleaned house so to speak, and I am actually as optomistic as ever for them. Henry Young predicts a Lombardi this year, and I'm right there with him!

I would just love to see Tomlinson's reaction if that were to happen. Even if this doesn't happen. Give it a rest Tomlinson, San Diego and the Chargers were as good to you as any athlete has it ANYWHERE!!

So for you to go on the air and blast them, and get really chummy with your new team, you end up looking ridiculous. San Diego is even making you look worse by not issuing any statements.

But as a Charger fan, I will make a statement:

" You have done more than any other Charger( since Ryan Leaf) to make your own jerseys vanish!

• Like Like x 1
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Don't talk about me
    Don't talk about me
    I'm over it
    Don't talk about me

ps: wanna hear how my old team sucked?

Goddamnit LT, STFU already! Even Junior Seau wasn't this critical and whiny when he left, and he had at least SOME justification to saying that the organization sucked after 1995

3. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I think we know why the chargers let LT go now.

Its a team game. I guess some players don't see it that way.

4. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    This is an article by a writer. It isn't LT complaining again.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
  6. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Any article to sight or even the quotes themselves?

This just sounds like one persons opinion based on hearsay.

7. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    I propose that we ALL take a big, cold glass of...GET OVER IT!!!

...move on! Stop complaining about LT! Hes gone now, hes moved on...how about we all do the same!

Yes he was less than grateful after he left but he felt personally agreived by the way the Chargers handled his last few years here...and regardless of wether you agree/disagree with him...he is entitled to his opinion and frankly he is closer to the team then any of us will ever dare to dream to to be!! hehe

So let him have his say..and move on!!!

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Just curious, who is J. Becket? Is this another Bleacher Report article?

9. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Well said.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I knew that was a BR piece by the start of the second sentence.

Johnny, please (and this goes for everyone)... please... do not post any articles by bleacher report. It's dogshiit. All of it.

Matter of fact, I am banning you (and everyone else) from reading it.

Deal with it. :lol:

12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629