1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Larry English Q&A

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Apr 27, 2009.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
  2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Nice interview. Thanks for posting this.

Just looking at this guy and the way he answered those questions, very smart, very professional, but I think I could see a little nastiness in his personality. I'm liking this pick more and more. Couldn't English be the new Foley on the field w/o the off field issues?

3. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Yeah I'm starting to love this kid already. Very calm, and very confident. Seems like a strong minded guy.

He comes off humble, and confident so I can assume he is a great teamate. Obviouslt goal oriented with the proof being the early graduation. I can see why we drafted him, just based on first impression.

Can't wait to see 52 in action w 56 damn it's easy to get excited about the future if you're a Chargers fan whose been missing the killswitch activated on the D!!

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    any dood that can pull off the pink shirt/pink tie combo is alright by me.

Bring the big nasty, Larry!!!

:tup:

5. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I like him but I sure hope they keep 56 as a priority.

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Agreed! :tup:

7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Absolutely, I'm a little worried that the old Merriman might cost too much argument will now have "but we got English to replace him" to help them out. I sincerely hope no one in the front office is that stupid. As for depth, this was an A- move (seriously, like I'm gonna say he'll go in and get just as many sacks as Merriman would have). But the potential is there.

Philips out for a breather. Someone sees it as an opportunity to roll out to English's side. BAM! bet you didn't see that coming...

8. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Interviewer: Larry if you're at a hotel and a security guard does something that makes you mad, what do you do?

Larry English: Well that's a pretty easy question even for a rookie. You know, I would be angry but I'm now a professional and a role model. I think I swallow my pride and bring up any grievance I have with the hotel management and try to resolve the problem though proper channels.

I: Why would you do that?

LE: Let's see... the alternatives are jail time, civil suits, suspensions, loss of pay, shortenning my NFL career. Nothing that a functional retarded ten year old couldn't figure out.

I: Are you sure you don't want to change your response? Some of your older and wiser veteran team mates think that the proper response would be to act like a sixteen year old mongoloid skinhead and punch out some poor idiot who makes 1/1000th the salary that you do.

LE: Are you f****ing retarded?

I: Yes.

LE: I'll stick to my original answer.

I: Then welcome to the team, Mr. Chargers' New Starting Outside Line Backer.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Lol Que?

10. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    He can get his 51 back after they cut Dobbins.

I really like this guy. He doesn' seem to mess around. I think he will quickly earn the respect of his teammates, especially Merriman and Philips.

11. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    It'll be great when they take him under their wing. I think he'll mesh with them, cause he's nasty and all but probably wouldn't try and be the locker room hero like Merriman. That will translate on the field.

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    As I have always believed, "Don't tell me what you can do, show me" That includes every player on the roster, yes, including River's.

Side note, I believe River's is miles above Breeser's game and it ain't all yards folks. It's about winning. River's wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!