1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Last week's Bills game was blacked out...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,545
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    They have almost 10,000 tickets left so I think it might be another blackout for them. At least it'll leave a lot of tickets for East Coast Charger fans wanting to go.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    But I thought east-coast fans were die-hard and unbelievably loyal even during the rough times? :huh:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,545
    10,000? :icon_eek:

Just checked ticket monster out there and ticket prices are CHEAP, even for club level.

Has to be a weather related thing.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Why would Bills fans wanna freeze their azzes off to watch JP LossMan throw INTs and get pounded into the turf?

• Like Like x 1
  6. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I dont want to start a new thread but where is everyone watching the game at? Are you all just gunna stay home or watch it in public?

• Like Like x 1
  7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Why not watch it at Trophy's since I think that's where the postgame show will be held by KFMB?

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    we will see it here in SD; its always shown regardless for the away team

9. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    It will be a sell out :yes:

:foley53: :bolt:

10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    If there's 10,000 seats left, I'd be surprised.

11. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Well, not all the games have been sell outs, but I think some teams have those tv deals. Like Detroit looked barren in the stands, but I guess it still counted. The Bills. Jeez. A NY team can't fill up it's stadium:lol:

12. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    What is a good website to check game attendance? I want to tease Raider Fans about drawing 40,000 people as their season winds down.

13. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    The weather has not really prevented anyone from going to games (or buying season tickets) even though it snows more where the stadium is.

It is a combination of a somewhat disappointing season and the Sabres being the hottest ticket in town. Winning talks and the Sabres get the $. Fairweather fans? Your call on that.

I just cannot believe the local fans would not want to see a great RB like Tomlinson or other notables like Gates, Merriman or Rivers at the stadium. I'm talking about a playoff team, if not Super Bowl contender, in the making in the backyard. Their loss, I'll be at the game.

14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,545
    Wouldn't call them fair-weather fans. Knowing how cold the weather can get up there, I can kinda see the resistence to a 10 game commitment.

Not much of an NHL follwer myself, but I did hear that the Sabres did start off red hot.

15. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    This article (today's date) discounts your statements:

11/29/2006 - Why — all of a sudden — is everyone on the radio and television so upset over the National Football League’s “blackout” rule?

For years, Bills’ games were blacked out on an almost regular basis — and very few fans and media people were in a frenzy over it. Some of those years the blackouts occurred, the team had tremendous success.

• In 1980, the Bills went 11-5 and won the AFC East title. However, the team that made the song “Talkin’ Proud” popular did not always have success at the ticket window. Three games — against the New York Jets, Atlanta Falcons and Los Angeles Rams — did not sell out and were not televised locally.

• In 1990, the Bills went 13-3, won the AFC East and conference. But fans did not get their fill of home games on television. The opener against the Indianapolis Colts as well as games against the New England Patriots, Arizona Cardinals and Philadelphia Eagles were non-sellouts.

• The last year the Bills won the AFC East, in 1995, also produced a number of TV blackouts. Home games against the Colts, Jets, Seattle Seahawks, Falcons, Patriots and Houston Oilers brought less than 80,000 people to each game.