1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Latest on the Pat Tillman probe-

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by in_a_days, Jul 14, 2008.

1. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    More political BS for the Tillman investigation

Few recall details on Tillman's death, House probe finds :tdown:

Disgusting... simply disgusting.

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Hey BFISA, I started a similar thread in the Political Section, but this is probably relevant to everyone, whether or not they're in the political area.

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Sure, y'alls call.

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Dear Everybody.

Let it go. It was friendly fire. No politics after the fact changes anything.

• Like Like x 1
  6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Can't argue with that... :no:

7. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I agree...but they should not have lied about it to the family.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    True that. :tup:

Friendly fire casualties happen, unfortunately. Cover-ups like this should not. :no:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    It's less about a cover-up and more about politics. Seriously. The advocates of this are only hurting the buddies of Tillman who lit him up and killed him. That includes Tillman's family. Sorry, but it's time for closure, not politics. End it.

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Who's gonna tell his wife to let it go, and that it's all about politics. I've never lost a family in combat, nevermind in a friendly fire. But I can tell you that the families of RT Pennsylvania were told their loved ones were killed when their extraction helicopter was shot down over South Vietnam on 23 March 70. Actually, that chopper was shot down over Laos, but because the US wasn't supposed to be there in the first place, a lie had to be told to the families of those guys on RT Pennsylvania, plus the the air crew of two pilots and two door gunners.

I know senior NCOs and officers that said the families weren't authorized to know the truth...bullshit.

The Tillman family got off easy...it took them less than a year to learn the truth. The truth about RT Pennsylvania, and scores of other incidents, only came to light after those missions were declassified in the late '80s and early '90s.

I think its less about politics and more about governmental policy.

jmho

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Sure, there's an element of politics & that part sucks. Sorry for the pain that it continues to cause his buddies. But his family has the right to know what happened to their son & why they were lied to. The folks who perpetrated this cover-up are supposed to LEADERS of men & honorable. To let them get by with this kind of thing is, IMHO, bullshit.

12. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Sorry Toby, but all this hurts now is the poor sap that popped his buddy.

Even the Tillman's are contributing to that bullshit. All I read is political crap from even them. They complain about the Gov't using their son as a recruiting tool, yet they are using him as a political tool. Same with that ***** Cindy Sheehan. I find them more reprehensible than the Gov't. Bury your son with dignity.

The bullcrap started at company level. By the time the "truth" came out, the damage was done. Those that knew it was wrong have been punished. All that is going on now is political agendas and bullshit. Nothing more.

13. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Shammy you are so spot on with your post.

People from the Tillmans and the Gov't are playing political football with his death that Pat Tillman himself can not Rest in Peace because of all this political nonsense.

Let Pat Tillman rest in peace for damn sakes already.

That is my thoughts.

14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Agree to disagree.