1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LEAVE NO FAN BEHIND 2

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Leave No Fan Behind 2

Hello everyone.

Welcome to the “Leave No Fan Behind 2” sponsored by the posters in this forum!!!

Last years’ program "Leave No Fan Behind 1" was a resounding success.

We were able to fly in a handfull of Chargers fans from across the United States to see our beloved Chargers at no cost to that fan other than their meals. :yes: Yup. If you were not part of this forum last year, you missed out on some really neat things which were happening here. Well, here is the next chapter.

This years’ "Leave No Fan Behind” program will be taking on a different twist.

Often times fans will have extra tickets they simply want to donate for a good cause.

Well here it is and this is the deal.

This year Bolttalk.com and the “Leave No Fan Behind 2 Crew” will be looking for local families who normally could not go to the game for various reasons.

This means that father son or mother daughter or any combo you can think of that is a PARENT and Child (under 18) or Military personnel will be eligible for FREE TICKETS TO THE CHARGERS GAME. :abq2: :tup:

Send me the reasons why you should go and what it would mean to your family to see a Chargers game this year. We are looking for honest and sincere entries and no scamming so be on your best behavior and honor.

This contest will be solely dependent on anyone donating unwanted Chargers tickets from our reader’s community so we may not be able to do it every week so keep an eye on this thread. I will do my best to coordinate this but no promises we can pull it off every week.

A panel of 3 judges will be nominated to review all entries. I will coordinate this part and will be neutral. The judges panel will be kept anonomous to keep the judges out of the firing line.

One of our posters (sdbound) contacted me and asked if I knew of some kids or charity they could donate their tickets to and this is what inspired me to post this thread and idea.

Our first game available will be the 49’ers game next Thursday night.

The winner of this contest will be sitting in CLUB 36 (50 yard line) with VIP parking passes. This first contest will be for 2 seats only. That is right …. Club seats on the 50 yard line.

If you have a good story you think fits what we are looking for, PM me and I will take it from there.

I need ALL entries in by AUGUST 28TH TUESDAY AT NOON which is 48 hours before the 49’ers game.

Good luck and Go Chargers !!!!! :bolt: :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The first 3 posters who personal message (PM) me, will be our judges for this years contests and will also be ineligible to participate.

This is the only way I can think of to be totally random and fair.

Don't be shy so step up if you want to be one of the judges. :tup:

Go Chargers !!! :bolt:

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    In addition to the game tickets, silly me for not mentioning this, you are invited as THE HONORED GUEST at the pre-game hedonistic worshipping ceremonies known as the tailgater. :icon_toast:

If you have never sampled carne and chicken asada of the gods topped with the secret salsa, ooocheela, you are in for a treat. :tup: :abq2:

Go Chargers!!! :bolt:

4. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    :tup: :tup: NICE WORK TRUMPIE:tup: :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    It is a way of giving something back to the community and forum for all the hard work and headaches along the way plus it is just a decent thing to do. Not all are as fortunate to have season tickets and it is a luxury.

Some of these stories will undoubtedly be confidential and if that is the posters wishes, it will be honored.

One guy was a Navy Seal and for his safety, we asked that no photos be taken or his story told so I respected that request 100% a few years ago. :flag:

Stuff happens. :yes:

Thanks for the props. :tup:

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    One judge's position has been filled. :tup: :icon_toast:

There are two more spots so heads up.

7. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Tony,

I pm'd you this same message...It may be a good idea to talk with 1090, the Chargers, or any other media outlet...Maybe they can kick down some crappy seats once in a while...Maybe we can approach some local businesses...All these big San Diego entities have throw down tix...If we explain how huge our site is, and explain the cause in detail, we could get some crap down.

We can jock thier product here and they provide a service to our worthy cause. I will shoot out some emails, I just need some data on this site, such as the amount of posters, posts per day avg, posts per month avg etc...Also it would be nice to provide them data on how the site is payed for etc...

Simply, we need to let them know that if they help, they will get something in return via a site that has action...I would imagine that if this site recorded "hits" like a companies web page, our "hit" count would be pretty damn competitive to comparable sites...

Mods, Trumpy...Ideas...Am I over stepping my bounds as a rookie poster in thsi forum...? Be honest, I have thick skin.

You guys have all seen my writing...Not much spell/grammar check needed :icon_rofl: ....So if anyone has the gift of gab via the keyboard..That would be nice as well...

A NICE GROUP EFFORT will make the sun shine on BoltTalk.com.

TBF

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    All the judges spots have been filled and I have 2 alternate judges.

Thanks to everyone who flooded my PM box wanting to help out. Wow. :tup: Props.

Also, TBF had an idea to call the Mighty XX 1090 and see if they could kick down some tickets or give us some airtime to promote what we are doing as a fan run site.

I am way way open to ideas and am only as good as the team around me so putting my managers hat on I know this fact and welcome any and all ideas on what this mini-brain child inspired by this forum and posters can accomplish.

If anyone sees a tangent of opportunity - bring it. :tup: :icon_toast:

9. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I think we need to come up with a kick *** letter that explains the entire site. A letter that shows just how powerful it is. We send that letter via email or hand delivery to as many places as we can in an attempt to score tickets...We would also need to explain the object behind this worthy cause.

Hell, if we get one set thrown down it's all good. When I have time, I will draft somethinng up unless conc or a mod has something similar done.

TBF

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I like the input. Never think you are overstepping your bounds
    on something of this magnitude.

I am humble enough :icon_eek: :yes: to know that there are great ideas out there and tapping the synergy of the group can be a powerful 'thang' so I am just the dude getting the intravenous drip going while others hold this or that...you get the picture.

It is all teamwork in other words. I am a big fan of that and constructive critique to push the envelope.

I have posted this in the STAFF forums and I am not staff or admin or a mod. I am just like you with the exception of access to read what are this sites management concerns and add my .02 here and there. I like it that way. No real big headaches. :lol:

What I posted in the STAFF forums is this site can choose to be like all the other football sites out there which are (BORING) or we/us can choose to be different and push the envelope of what the fans want but maintain a football and family feel.

Are we there yet as a forum?

I like to think it is headed in the right direction because I have seen the number of unique hits and number of lurkers now becoming regular posters increase at exponential rates.

Bottom line: Go Chargers !!!!!

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    We should also hit up Rock 105.3, they're the ones who broadcast the games and have the pre and post-game shows....

We could bring some big attention to this site and our mission if we got some kind of airtime with them.

12. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Maybe you could flirt with the judges. :icon_shrug:

13. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Wow, that is an awsome contest. Definatly get this out on the radio and let all the fans know about it. And with the sellout, there could be a ton of people that want to enter. Rock on.

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Cool beans. :tup:

15. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    What if they're female? :icon_eek:

16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Now there's a TK answer if I ever heard one. :lol:

17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760

And that makes a difference in Dego?.:bolt: :icon_shrug: :icon_tease:

18. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    This is really cool and I don't know if I've seen anything like this on any other sites.

Nice job you guys. :bolt: :tup:

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Man, Sometimes I get so bummed that I'm not close by to be a part of this type of effort. :icon_sad:

What a great effort & gesture by a great group of people. We happen to be drawn together by a common love - our Chargers - but also by a commitment to caring & sharing.

I've never been more proud of being a part of ANY community. Whatever I can do from out here on the east coast - please let me know.

Buck :yes:

20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760

You could send me home to games each week to start. :bolt: :lol: :icon_tease:

21. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Then I get to watch. Mind if I bring my camera?

• Like Like x 2
  22. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Trumpie that is soo awesom I cant put it to words. It is stuff like this that keeps me comming back to this community of loons and psychos!

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Hey thanks for the props but the real props go to the posters and the guy who runs this place - Eric (Thumper). If it were not for this site and Eric's and ChargerRay's patience, none of this is possible.

The Podcasts are done out of a garage and 100 shows are now on the horizon. Those dudes are warriors.

Concudan has launched the Bolttalk Bugle - another first nowhere seen on the Internet.

None of these guys get paid for any of this and it is strictly volunteer with no billionares looking over our shoulders (except for the legal and not so legal nasty grams from the so-called bigboys).

It is sort of neat to be able to do things other sites can only aspire to become and be a part of a community that really cares about its posters. I mean genuinely care.

Thanks again for the kudos and support and

Go Chargers !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  24. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Just tell them that those pants do not make them look .......

25. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432

:clap: to sdbound and his wife for their donation.
    If you haven't had the chance to meet them, they're good people.

:thumbup:

26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah they are and he has the cutest daughter. His wife puts up with him which is cool to see. I told him he needed to get a tri-pod for the new toy his wife bought him (some stabilized binocs for the games) and he said "I am a tripod" :lol:

27. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432

sdbound's wife is no different than yours or mine. They "put up with us". :icon_rofl: sdbound wishes he was a tripod! :icon_tease:

28. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Yes! I meant to mention that earlier. :tup: :abq2:

29. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    What we need to do is hook up that Sgt who emails the show w/ tix and tailgate him like a returning hero:flag:

• Like Like x 1