1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Leaving the game early?!?!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by biggmatt24, Dec 10, 2006.

1. biggmatt24

biggmatt24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    What was up with so many people leaving the game early?!?

By the time the game ended the stadium was about half empty. People started leaving before LT got his third TD to set the record. I just don't get it. It's one thing to leave early when we were enduring the 1-15 season back in 2000 or 5-11 in 2001 or 4-12 in 2003; but when we're 10-2, playing to clinch the division, battling for home field advantage through the playoffs, watching LT rewrite the record books on a weekly basis...it doesn't make sense to leave the game early. Enduring all the tough seasons makes these last couple seasons all that much sweeter and I refuse to miss a second of football when these Chargers are on the field.

2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    If i was at the game, i would never leave early even if we're losing which doesn't happen often:)

3. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    i was about to leave the game when we kicked off but I was getting my things together and when i was ready to go I see merriman sack the crap out of cutler and the fumble. I said to my friend, we staying :)

4. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Only p*ssies leave a game before it is over, win or lose. Real men (and women) stay to the last whistle.

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Those Charger fans that left early can suck it for missing the chance to personally witness L.T.'s record breaking TD.

Although, they'll probably lie about it later and say they were there that day and saw his run.

Fuggin jagoffs! :tdown:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I was at the game and the only ones leaving early were Bronco fans. Hell most of the fans in my section stayed in their seats until about 10 or 15 minutes after the game was over.

What surprizes me is that on one of the best days in Chargers history, some fans still find something to whine about. :tdown:

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    The one time I left the bar early was the Cinny game.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!

:no:

• Like Like x 2
  8. blitznd33

blitznd33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    TRUE FANS cheer till the end...Bandwagon fans complain about traffic.

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,842
    Last whistle? We stayed until LT did his interview and ran over to Lamar to share the joy!

10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    That is a joke. What traffic pussies leave early from a game like THAT?

No wonder charger fans get a bad rap. That is just pathetic....

Clinch the AFC WEST vs one of our hated rivalries.
    LT shatters a record in the 13th frigging game.

11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    When I was in Buffalo, more Bills fans left early that day than Charger fans left early at yesterdays game. Sure, some fans left early. Some always do no matter what team it is. I don't know crap comes from though that San Diego fans leave early any more than anywhere else.

I've heard all the BS. San Diegans are too laid back. San Diegans are fair weather fans. Charger fans are all bandwagon fans. Charger fans leave every game early. It's all bull chit. San Diego is a football town and we have some of the best fans in world right here.

I guess when things are going really well, some people just need to find something to complain about. Maybe those people should become Raiders fans, then they would really have things worth complaining about.

12. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    Damn right we are around here!

I just find it amazing that some fans would walk out of that game before it was over.

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Shoulda seen the 9er fans bailin at halftime up in Frisco this year :icon_rofl:

But I hear ya Bro, I wouldn't leave early :icon_toast:

14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    You forgot weak fan base. :icon_mrgreen:

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    All sorts of Chargers fans started bailing at the 3 minute mark to start partying in the parking lot and some to get the hell out of the parking lot early. Sad but true. I know sometimes I will watch the last two minutes at the base of our section just to make a bull rush to the escalators.

I know one brother had some mogambo (trim) lined up at Dave & Busters and jammed early to get his groove on and by the descriptions I got, I would have worn a jet pack to get there. :icon_mrgreen:

16. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,545
    After we went up 41-20, I saw somebody running with the AFC WEST CHAMPINONS gear. We kicked off. I was just about to run to the team store when Cutler fumbled on the 7.

No way I was going to miss history.

LT got the TD and I swear my side of the stadium was shaking.

Watched the extra point, went and bought my gear, headed back to my seat as the gun sounded. Watched the classiest player in the NFL do an interview on the big screen and run over to his section filled with kids. Saw him run off the field with the worlds biggest smile. Pricless times. :tup:

17. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I don't know I'd be so insulting to a fellow poster as to characterize their critique as "whining," but I do agree that some people tend to have a more negative attitude than others. To each his own.

18. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Yeah that place cleared out WAY early! :icon_rofl:

19. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Many Charger fans are not as hardcore as us. Some have to be at work in the morning. So I'm not going to hate on those that left a little early. But, I'll say that the vast majority of the Charger fans stayed until the very end. Even after LT got the record and the game was obviously over.

The Broncos fans did represent pretty well at the game. Some of them even thought they had a chance. At lot of the empty seats that you see at the end of the game were from Bronco fans leaving.

I wasn't trying to call anyone out as a whiner before, but us hardcore fans have been there through the bad times. IMO we are not used to just enjoying what is definitely the best Charger team I've seen in my lifetime. We get so used to saying this is wrong with our team, or that is, that when there is little to complain about, we complain about the fans leaving early. Or we complain about all the fans jumping on the bandwagon.

We know we have great fans. We know we have a great city. Now we know we have a Charger team that shuld go down as one of the best in the NFL history. I have little to complain about. I just want to enjoy the ride in the realization that when I'm old, many years from now, I'll look back on this season with pride and know, I was there.

20. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    at the murph, i'd be the last to leave, in baltimore i kinda wish i had missed the final whistle.

21. biggmatt24

biggmatt24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Those are the people that irritate me the most. The ones who have something better to do TOMORROW...it was an afternoon game that ended about 4:30pm. Seriously, if you can't stay awake after 5pm to see the best the the Chargers have fielded in years...I don't know what else to say.

I guess I'll just have to get used to the bandwagon fans. It was so lonely on here for so long I don't know what to do with all the "Johnny-come-lately"s.

22. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Let's cut the "bandwagon fans" some slack if you weren't registered to a Charger Forum before the season started.

Personally, I have no problem with people leaving early. It's their money.

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,842
    Just showin off my new sig...

24. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Seriously, the "it was so lonely on here for so long" quote from a person that registered last month is about the funniest thing I have ever read. :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Obnoxiously large.:tdown:

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,842
    Buzz kill! :icon_rofl:

27. biggmatt24

biggmatt24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Whatever bro. I've had season tix for 9 years. Yeah, I stumbled across this site 2 weeks ago. Yippee. I guess at 980 members, not many others have heard of it yet either...

28. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    So then you are obviously a member at one of the other sites? User name?

This wouldn't even be an issue with me if you weren't calling people out.

29. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    I hear ya i was there till the very end and am honored to be able to see history in the making its a beautiful thing i bleed blue and gold

• Like Like x 1
  30. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Glad you had a great time, Bro!! :yes: :tup: :icon_toast: :bolt:

• Like Like x 1