1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"leisure Las Vegas" week FIVE!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by leisure, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Finally... lagger!!!

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    leisure, what have we told you about therx???:icon_sad:

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Guys I was dying to tell you all to take pittsburgh when it was at -6.5 but I couldn't :unsure: Now that I've come out of the dungeon I will still endorse Pittsburgh -7 as my early bird special. Take a look at Navy Air Force UNDER as well.

4. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    BTW I fully endorse the tulsa bet tonight I have Tulsa -5

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Clemson will lose.:yes:

6. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Ok you know what F all of you hanestly.

Tulsa -4.5
    Pittsburgh -6.5
    Wisconsin -20.5
    Ball State Buffalo over 44.5
    Navy Air Force under 54.5
    Georgia Tech -13.5
    Washington +20.5
    LSU -1.5
    Tennessee -2.5
    Western Michigan Ohio over 41.5
    South Carolina -6.5
    Nebraska -6.5
    East Carolina -6
    Missouri +4.5
    Souther Methodist UTEP over 57.5
    Washington state Oregon state over 52
    LALafayette Houston under 52.5

And I really want to take Central Mich +3 at Toledo but leisure convinced me that the glass bowl is cursed. Also Northern Illinois Miami(OH) over 53.5 is something to look at. Arizona +11.5 too.

Edit: I will release which ones are my strongest plays soon

7. Jairock5

Jairock5 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    nice picks:tup:

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I think this is the first week ever where I'll post my own picks. I don't gamble, I just want to see how I do when I post my own thoughts for all to see.

NO ONE SHOULD EVER USE MY PICKS AND PUT MONEY ON THEM!!!

Unless I start going 18-2 on a regular basis or something..... ;)

I'll only do Top 25 NCAA and the NFL.

9. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Here are my Top 25 NCAA picks:

Ohio State -34.5 vs. Bowling Green
    Bowling Green lost by 35 at home to Kent State. OSU is much better than Kent State, and it's at Ohio State.

Auburn -15.5 vs. Arkansas
    Auburn wants to prove their narrow victory last week was a fluke and not the norm. They'll come out firing at home versus the Razorbacks.

Washington +20.5 at Southern California (USC)
    USC's offense hasn't been beating opponents by a lot recently and Washington has improved in a year under Tyrone Willingham. Their convincing win over UCLA will give them confidence that they can at least play toe-to-toe with their PAC-10 rivals.

West Virginia -25 vs. Mississippi State
    My original line confused WV with VT. Now that I'm referencing the correct Virginia squad, the Mountaineers should cover the 25 points.

Florida +2 vs. LSU
    LSU demolished Mississippi State in Louisiana. They'll come back down to earth and lose a close one in Florida, where the Gators are nearly invincible in "The Swamp", losing only once in the last two and a half years. Yes, the last loss at home was to LSU, but the Gators are a better team now. In addition, Florida's ultra-fast WR Percy Harvin also comes back after missing 3 weeks due to a high ankle sprain, adding to the offensive firepower against LSU's top ranked defense.

Michigan -15 vs. Michigan State
    The wheels are starting to come off the MSU Spartans after their second half breakdown versus Notre Dame. They played without enthusiasm in a loss last week. They won't be too enthused to play the resurgent Wolverines in their house this week either.

Texas -5 vs Oklahoma
    The line I originally referenced had Oklahoma at -5 for some reason. I'm using Pinnacle Sports' line as my reference and they have Texas -5. So, I'm going with that.

Louisville -33 vs. Middle Tennessee
    Louisville will win this one big, even though it is an away game for them. Middle Tennessee is on the same level as Temple or Kentucky, quality-wise, and Louisville whomped both by at least 31. Also, Middle Tennessee has been shutout 3 times this year, and lost those by at least 35 points.

Tennessee -2.5 vs. Georgia
    The Bulldogs' offense has struggled as of late, and Tennessee has things going.

California -5.5 vs Oregon
    The Cal Bears at home will be a little too much at home for the Ducks. Oregon's other game versus a top 20 opponent this year was a squeaker for them.

Stanford +31.5 vs Notre Dame
    The Irish will win big, but not by 32 points. In fact, a Notre Dame team hasn't beaten anyone by more than 30 points in two years. Once the Irish go up by about 21 points, Weis will throttle it back and replace Quinn, Samarzdija, and Walker with some frosh players as he prepares for life next year without them.

Clemson -16.5 vs. Wake Forest
    WF just won last week at home in North Carolina, but Clemson's a much tougher opponent than Liberty.

Florida State -10.5 vs. NC State
    The Seminoles feasted on some Rice last week and the Wolfpack needed a last second miracle Hail Mary to avoid their 3rd straight loss.

Georgia Tech -13.5 vs. Maryland
    Maryland struggled to beat Florida International in their own house. The Yellow Jackets will continue to roll after last week's confidence builder against Virginia Tech. They eat some turtle soup Saturday in the comfort of their home.

Purdue +11 vs. Iowa
    This will be a close Big Ten matchup decided by 10 points or less.

Louisiana Tech +35 vs Boise State
    I'm not sure BSU has enough juice to beat a team by more than 35 points on a regular basis, even at home.

Nebraska -7 vs. Iowa State
    Nebraska has won convincingly this year, and ISU escaped with a win over UNI. Iowa State has lost by at least 10 to Top 25 teams this year.

Texas Tech -4 vs. Missouri
    After their big win at Texas A&M, the Red Raiders return home where they've really demolished their opponents this year.

So, those spreads are what I'm using, off of Pinnacle Sports, at the time of this updated post, which is Tuesday, Oct 3, 2006 at 11:00am.

10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Here are my NFL picks:

Indianapolis -18.5 vs. Tennessee

Carolina -8.5 vs. Cleveland

New England -9.5 vs. Miami

Chicago -11 vs. Buffalo

New Orleans -6.5 vs. Tampa Bay

St. Louis -3 vs. Green Bay

NY Giants -4 vs. Washington

Minnesota -6.5 vs. Detroit

San Francisco -3.5 vs Oakland

NY Jets +7 vs. Jacksonville

Kansas City -3.5 vs. Arizona

Philadelphia -2.5 vs. Dallas

San Diego -3 vs. Pittsburgh

Denver -3.5 vs Baltimore

11. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Not bad picks---going with the spread for the most part.

I'm taking a closer look at Washington (for starters)

12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, I'm funny that way. :D

Actually, this just happened to be the week where I agreed with most of the spreads.

13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    18.5 is too many points for an NFL game...

EDIT: Also, I like Baltimore to cover and on the ML

14. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I kind of agree... BUT... it's the Colts, who never stop, vs. the Titans... :icon_eek:

That said, it's a very good possibility that less and less of the first string plays if the Colts get a real early 14 point lead.

15. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I picked the Giants because they had an extra week to prepare for the Redskins, and the game is in New York.

If the game was in D.C., I'd pick the 'Skins.

16. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, but it's the Titans. The Colts offense is better than San Diego's or Dallas' and it's in the RCA Dome. The Titans will also be without one of their starting defensive tackles.

EDIT:

In addition, the Colts whomped the Titans by at least 21 points in their two matchups last year. That's when the Titans still had McNair.

17. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I think that's probobly a very good call!

18. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Good thinking but the Skins are comin' on and are fired up over their win last week... This being a division game, both teams will be up for it...

19. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    If the game was in Baltimore, I'd pick the Ravens. However, their offense still sucks and the game is in Denver, where somehow the Donks find a way to win no matter the opponent.

The -3.5 does worry me a little, as the Broncos beat the Ravens last year in Denver by only 2 points, and the Ravens O is aided by McNair somewhat, even though it still sucks.

I'll just nut up and say that the Donks will somehow win by 4, unfortunately for us [Bolt fans]. :unsure:

I hope I'm wrong on this one and the Donks lose. :yes:

20. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I hear ya 100%. I think when it comes to division rivals I too often bet with my heart instead of my head. Really I should pick the Chiefs and Broncos every week 'cause if they win I'm stoked on my bet and if they lose I'm stoked on their division standing.

21. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Stanford just plain sucks I think ND covers easily but given last year's game I am staying away even though last year's Stanford squad makes this one look like a pop warner team.