1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Lelie Traded to Falcons; Duckett to Redskins

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Aug 22, 2006.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    From KFFL:

Falcons | Team acquires Lelie
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:54:19 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons have acquired Denver Broncos WR Ashley Lelie in a three-team trade. The Falcons sent RB T.J. Duckett to the Washington Redskins, with the Broncos receiving an undisclosed draft choice in the deal.

Redskins | Team acquires Duckett
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:55:06 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Washington Redskins have acquired Atlanta Falcons RB T.J. Duckett in a three-team trade. The Redskins sent an undisclosed draft pick to the Denver Broncos, who sent WR Ashley Lelie to the Falcons.

Broncos | Team receives undisclosed draft pick for Lelie
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:56:43 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos have received an undisclosed draft pick from the Washington Redskins in a three-team trade involving Broncos WR Ashley Lelie. The Broncos sent Lelie to the Atlanta Falcons, who sent RB T.J. Duckett to the Redskins.

Broncos | Team receives 2007 third-round pick in Lelie three-way trade
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:24:43 -0700

Paul Newberry, of the Associated Press, reports the Denver Broncos received the Washington Redskins' third-round pick in the 2007 draft as part of the three-way deal that shipped WR Ashley Lelie to the Atlanta Falcons and RB T.J. Duckett to the Redskins, according to two officials within the league who spoke on condition of anonymity because the trade had not been officially announced.

Broncos | Team could receive two first-day draft picks for Lelie
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:38:03 -0700

Updating previous reports, Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos could receive two first-day draft picks from the Washington Redskins in the three-team trade involving former Broncos WR Ashley Lelie. If the Redskins finish with a worse record than the Broncos in 2006, Denver would receive the Redskins' first- and third-round picks. If the Redskins finish with a better record than the Broncos, Denver would receive the Redskins' third- and fourth-round picks.

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Wow, guess the Donks really wantedta dump Lelie!!:icon_eek:

3. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

Yeah, he started biatching about how big Walker's contract extension was the Broncos gave him.

Javon Walker got a 5 year, $40 million extension, with $15 million in option bonuses ($10 million in 2007, $5 million in 2008).

Ashley Lelie was in the final year of his rookie contract with Denver, and felt he deserved an extension equivalent to that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Too bad, so sad!!:lol: :tdown:

5. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    The thing I don't like about the deal is how Shanahan managed to rape the Redskins again on another trade.

If Washington winds up sucking this season, then the Broncos get Washington's 1st round and 3rd round pick in 2007!

For trading Lelie!

I think it may have something to do with loss of compensatory picks in that case and the draft picks from Washington making it up, but damn!

6. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223

I don't understand the logic the Skins use in making a deal like that. It defies logic Shanahan must have photos of Snider and this is some type of Blackmail.

7. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    So can someone explain to me what the logic is behind that? If Washington does worse, they have to give up a higher pick? That makes no sense whatsoever.

8. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    'K, so I went and did some research at the Extremeskins forum because this trade makes no sense. I got some clarification that makes much more sense.

If Washington has a worse record (higher draft pick) than the Broncos, then they will swap first-round picks. The Broncos aren't going to have multiple #1 picks--they'll just improve their draft position a little bit if Washington has a poor record. (Let's all hope Washington doesn't tank it and end up with a top-10 pick or something stupid like that...)

If Washington's first-round pick is worse than the Broncos because they finish with a better record, then the Broncos get Washington's fourth round pick.

So the Broncos get a third and a fourth, or they get a third and trade-places in round one.

They do not get a first and a third. That's inaccurate.

9. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    Thanks been :icon_huh: since last night...

cheers...

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,882
    ok that makes more sense
    thanks man

11. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Lelie wanted to be paid similar to what Walker is making? :lol: :icon_rofl: He's nowhere near the player Walker is.

Atlanta: where wannabe stud receivers go to die (see Peerless Price).

12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I scratched my head some over this myself... good clarification.

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word

14. NYchargerfan

NYchargerfan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60
    I still do not understand how Skeletor gets away with this stuff.
    he basically has his way with 80% of the other GM's and Head Coaches in the NFL.. I mean they didnt give up jack to move up to get the Rams pick to take Cutler..

Sheesh.. people must be asleep at the wheel to let them have his way with them like that..

GRRRR... Shanny the Rat and those damn donkees....:tdown:

15. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    That's still a good deal for the Broncos, most of the time.

16. NYchargerfan

NYchargerfan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Thats what I am saying, they get away with murder..

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Anything which weakens the Mules - right on :tup: