1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Lemon Putting on a Clinic

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MtlBoltsFan, Jul 30, 2006.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Just got inside info 10 mins ago from my friend at Dolphins TC, Cleo Lemon is putting on a clinic for the fans. Harrington is stinking it up.

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    We should have never dealt Cleo Lemon. That was a mistake. :yes:

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    WORD!

4. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    God works in mysterious ways :icon_banana: AJ AKBAR ***** *****

5. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    It's funny, I am personal friends with LaMont Brightful who plays for the Als here in the CFL, the only reason he was booted out of the NFL is because AJ released Wes Welker. Once the Dolphins picked up Welker they immediately released Brightful and he hasn't seen the NFL since :icon_rofl:

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Harrington stinking it up? I'm not surprised. :icon_mrgreen:

Joey's had only one season even close to being anywhere average or better. The other years he was awful.

7. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Joey has pocket lock.

He can't see past the on-rushing tacklers.

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Dolphins | Saban will not give daily injury reports
    Wed, 2 Aug 2006 16:28:12 -0700

Alex Marvez and Keven Lerner, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said he will no longer provide injury details about players who miss or are limited in practices. Saban said, "I'm not giving an injury report every day. I'm not telling you. I don't have to tell you, and I'm not going to tell you."

9. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I still predict that he's number 3 on the depth chart to begin the season. If Saban had any faith in Lemon he would not have traded for two relatively young, highly drafted QB's both with hefty price tags.

10. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I agree. If Lemon can't beat out Joey frackin' Harrington for the #2 spot, he'll never be #2 quality, much less starting material.

I was high on him after his nice preseason performance, but he seems to have not improved enough at Miami.

11. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Lemon will be the #2...

12. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    We'll see. I'm not sure Saban had in mind putting Harrington at #3 when he gave up a draft pick for him.

13. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Yessir.

Plus game time experience is a huge plus for a back up. That's why Flutie was moved up to the number 2 spot in 2004 and why Feeley will be the number 2 this season.

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Whitehurts will be #2.

15. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

Game 1 Feeley is the backup. Game 6, Whitehurst moves ahead of him.

• Like Like x 1
  16. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    problem here is Lemon is always behind somebody

but, if he doesn't beat out harringbone then I'm afraid his days are numbered.

he'll get labeled.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    GOOD.

I WANT LEMON BACK !!!!!!!!!

18. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I'd rather cut Feeley now, and see if Kerry Collins is willing to be the #2 for just this season at least.

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SCREW ALL RAIDERS - PAST AND PRESENT

20. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

:lol:

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    :icon_mrgreen: :icon_banana:

I mean it *man* !!!

22. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I don't understand all the pining and whining for a #3 QB who has NEVER thrown a pass in a game that mattered.

He looked good against scrubs that might be NFLE starters. Big deal.

23. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Cleo Lemon sucks

• Like Like x 1
  24. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    :icon_eek:

25. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Hay guys remember that dude MTL was pimping like a nutcase a guy by the name of Derek Hagan?

"i heard on 790 this morning that Hagan could actually challenge Booker for his spot as the season progresses He's playing that good. Cant wait to see him this weekend."

"I wasn't there personally, but apparently the kid is having an amazing camp."

"Third-round draft choice Derek Hagan, who has had an outstanding camp, was on the first team offense at wide receiver replacing Marty Booker who injured his left calf in Tuesday night's practice."

"Randy mcmike said that hagan is a stud."

:icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: @ MTL

26. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Its preseason and Booker is hurt. Other than Chambers, Miami isnt really loaded at WR.
    They have Welker who is kisted as a 2nd string WR and they even have Marcus Vick at WR . They have Fred Gibson who has been cut by somebody already and Kelley Campbell who isnt anything special.
    They have a bunch of scrubs really.

I like Hagan but he had a bad case of the dropsies at the combine and the senior bowl. He has talent and if he catches the ball...he doesnt have a lot of compitition. Booker is always hurt it seems.

27. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    That's why GMs are wussies they look at his combine and senior bowl performances but I'm telling you he will be a 10,000 yard receiver after all is said and done and that's a BOLD prediction (which I made like half a year ago). True, they aren't loaded at receiver, but word is that he has been EXTREMELY impressive and this doesn't surprise me the least bit he is an extremely hard worker and wants to be the best, is quicker than most people think he is, has a nice frame and all that stuff about his hands is DS I know this guy firsthand he is a killer receiver who will go unnoticed but quietly kill a team. BTW he caught something like 93% of the passes thrown his way in college. I love Derek Hagan :icon_mrgreen:

28. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I was most unhappy about Cleo Lemon leaving and Feeley being shipped in. Feeley is not a very good quarterback and Cleo Lemon did extremely well not only in practise but anytime he stepped on the field. If Rivers goes down, Schottenheimer is going to develop ulcers thinking about Lemon. I don't why he was sent packing, but I hope it wasn't just spite on the part of AJ Smith. He's listed #3 in Miami behind Harrington, but I suspect that won't last. The Chargers better watch the waiver wire like hawks for an arm.

29. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Chambers and Booker, the instructors, glow about Hagan, the student.

''I know he caught for a lot of yards and a lot of receptions [in college] and I think that's where he gets all of his technique,'' Chambers said. ``That's why he's so polished as a rookie right now.''

Also, coaches hoping to find a third receiver this offseason didn't have one when training camp opened.

But now they think Hagan is it.

He has impressed with his ability to bully smaller defensive backs, but Saban, particularly, loves that Hagan was among the quickest receivers in the combine in a 10-yard distance. His 40-yard dash time was not awe-inspiring at 4.5 seconds, but the coach loves that short burst and how it will help Hagan if he is the third receiver in a three-receiver package.

''It's never about coming in and being the third receiver,'' Hagan said. ``It's about just coming in and working hard and just trying to prove to the team that I can play, and that's basically what I'm trying to do right now, just come out every single day working hard and definitely learn from Chris [Chambers] and Marty [Booker].''