1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LenDale White is available

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Apr 15, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    LenDale White is available

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 15, 2010 3:43 PM ET
    LenDale White signed his restricted free agent tender Thursday with the Titans, but there's at least some doubt whether he'll spend 2010 in Tennessee.

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean writes that the Titans would listen to offers if anyone came calling on White during the draft. White has value. He's been a better pro than people think, but it's hard to imagine anyone giving up more than a late-round pick for him because his contract is up.
    The Titans are well stocked at running back with Javon Ringer in place as a long-term backup for Chris Johnson.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/15/lendale-white-is-available/

2. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    A 7th round pick and vet minimum salary and I would do it. Well . . maybe . . . if he promises to lay off the cheeseburgers. :abq1::abq2:

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    The dude is in shape. I would give up a late round pick for him.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    He'd be a good pick up for the right price

5. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I like.

6. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    His problem is he is a dick head.

7. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    There are some 'character concerns', aren't there? :icon_shrug:

8. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Quacksaw in disguise? :icon_huh:

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    but he gave up Tequila and got in shape! he should be our #1 ASAP!

hehe

Honestly, I don't knowm much about his character beyond that... for the right price I see no reason why it wouldn't be worth it to bring him in unless he's not a good fit with the other guys on the team :icon_shrug:

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    *in b4 pointy*

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :lol:

he's late

:lol:

12. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Yes, let's sign him before anyone else finds out about it. He is a great big asset and will help us greatly. His baggage is minimal and it's not that big a hit against our salary cap.

Pointy :icon_twisted: (Give me a break, some of us have to work...)

13. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    This wouldn't be a bad pickup for a 5th or 6th seeing all it took was a 5th for santonio holmes... If we can get LenDale, we can get Jahvid Best and trade Sproles

14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Was about thinkin the same thing would be ok with him for a 6th and say 10% raise on VET minimum. But to come to a team that is about to march back into the post season i can see the 10% being a incentive based deal with carries/yards or even post season depth/performance based would be sweet. Could jus make it so hes fired if we dont advance past week 2 of post season!!

All kidding aside Id be ok with him for a few seasons. Could give us that needed back to be a in the mean time back, a hold us over till the draft where we find our AP. Well the next AP -the fumblitis.

15. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Hell no, 2 touchdowns last year and ran for under 1000 yards the last two seasons, 222 yards last season.... in the last 3 seasons he averaged 3.7 yards a carry..... lame. Can someone explain please why he would be a good fit???? He will self destruct in Socal:tdown:

16. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Vet MIN and a 6th rounder isnt bad value for a guy that got subplanted by CJs 2k campagn. He could fill the hole of need for a season or 2 imo and then we find that guy that is here for the next 8-9 seasons.

Not sure if your more talkin about the poster sugesting Sproles is gone in the deal, but I would like to see Sproles traded elsewere personally.

EDIT: Maybe there also are some sarcastic responses on here. Is there a notation or way to convey sarcasm? I kno being a very adept sarcastic, sometimes it is very hard for layman to pick up the sarcasm at all and you get bombarded with hatredy.

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Last year I've got two words; Chris Johnson
    He took up the vast majority of the carries and thoroughly minimized his role. Even prior to Johnson he was splitting carries with Chris Brown, Chris Henry, etc. He's always been in a crowded backfield, so numbers aren't the full story.

I wouldn't entirely mind two defensive linemen with the first two picks, say get Ben Tate in the third and grab LenDale White for a late round draft pick. That'd be good for me.

18. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I too, would like to see sproles delt. Not because of anything else except that he would get us some Good picks.

I don't like Lendale, I know he is a vet but not a good one in my opinon. especially since we are going to be a passing offense, if they shut our passing game down I would at least like someone who would be able to run more than 4 yards a carry. Ya never know though, he could blow up.

19. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Agreed... but averaging 3.7 yards a carry does not excite me. Never know.... could break out.... or waste space on our roster

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    LDW is pretty good near the goal line. I'm not worried about his apc, all I know is he's the type of back we need.

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    LenDale has had is issues, but by the accounts I've read he's been keeping himself in shape & out of trouble. I feel like he could be one of those guys who would contribute greatly to a change in scenery.

As Ant said, much of his decline in production was due to the phenomenal year that Chris Johnson had. IMO, I think that ****ed with White's head quite a bit. He thought they'd be a one-two punch. Instead, it ended up that CJ was so productive that White didn't get to punch much at all.

Not sure of his tender -I thought I read a second somewhere, which is far too high. And I think to believe that you'd get him for a 6th or 7th & vet minimum is a crack smoker's pipe dream. But maybe our 5th (since we have another) & a reasonable one year salary? Yeah, I'd give him a shot as our bruiser back over an unproven rookie.

22. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    I'm not defending his productivity, but his avg at 3.7 is better than someone else that used to play for us... Also, White is a local product of sorts, went to UCLA.

Pointy :icon_twisted:

23. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    This is exactly what I was thinking Buck. He was in great shape last year, but Chris Johnson took off.

A 5th round pick for LenDale would most likely be better than a rb we could get there in the draft, and we have two fifths.

• Like Like x 1
  24. JUGGERNAUT

JUGGERNAUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah. UCLA. That is where he went. Split time with MJD. Mmm hmmm. Whatta team.

25. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Nope, USC.

[​IMG]

But this is Lendale "Weight" Now....

[​IMG]

26. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347